Aluminium or Timber Plank Wanted

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
macca46
udonmap.com

Aluminium or Timber Plank Wanted

Post by macca46 » February 23, 2017, 11:44 am

Has any one seen any of these types of planks either for sale or hire I have a very difficult staircase to renovate and paint, painting is not a real problem it is stripping off the vinyl wallpaper and backing paper the stair case is "U" shaped plank would need to be a minimum of 2.5 meters in length and my highest point is 4.5 meters .

Or any other sensible suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Aluminium or Timber Plank Wanted

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 24, 2017, 7:53 pm

macca46 wrote:Has any one seen any of these types of planks either for sale or hire I have a very difficult staircase to renovate and paint, painting is not a real problem it is stripping off the vinyl wallpaper and backing paper the stair case is "U" shaped plank would need to be a minimum of 2.5 meters in length and my highest point is 4.5 meters .

Or any other sensible suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
If you enter "scaffolding for a staircase diy" into google image search you will find quite a lot of different possibilities.

As to scaffolding planks, any wood yard has material you can use. I am using 25mm x 200mm "yang" cost is about 110 baht a metre and 5 metre lengths are a standard.
IMG_9360.jpeg
Planks
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 24, 2017, 8:09 pm

Thanks I have seen it all on google but can not find the wood that you are suggesting would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction as I have not seen any dedicated wood yards

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 24, 2017, 9:14 pm

macca46 wrote:Thanks I have seen it all on google but can not find the wood that you are suggesting would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction as I have not seen any dedicated wood yards
The one I use mostly is just off the main Udon KK road in Kumpawape, there is another that I've used on Nittayo road just after the ring road going out of Udon, don't use the flyover or you will pass it.

Take a look on google stree view and it's easy to see just before the college, the phone number is also easy to see.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 25, 2017, 6:06 am

the one next to the bridge is gone and moved further up the road on the other side ..
opposite of the first u-turn passed the thalaad thaisily , or the 3th u-turn after the bridge (direction sakhon)
as info ;)

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 25, 2017, 10:43 am

Thanks for your help guys have just got back home good easy directions a big selection of timber along with very helpful service I was able to get a piece that 4 Mt long 250x40 so will do the job perfectly once again thanks.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”