Richmond Steak House

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Bump
udonmap.com

Richmond Steak House

Post by Bump » December 13, 2005, 1:06 pm

Just happened to see it today while driving on ring road anyone know anything about it?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 13, 2005, 1:29 pm

Yep, it is owned by a very friendly couple, the husband is from Oz and his wife is Thai. They will be opening very soon but I don't have an exact date. I will give more details soon after I see them next. They are planning to become udonmap sponsors!

They are located at map ref T3 on Global house side.

lee

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » December 13, 2005, 1:50 pm

lee wrote:Yep, it is owned by a very friendly couple, the husband is from Oz and his wife is Thai. They will be opening very soon but I don't have an exact date. I will give more details soon after I see them next. They are planning to become udonmap sponsors!

They are located at map ref T3 on Global house side.

lee
Well I look forward to that one close to home what a deal :lol:

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » December 28, 2005, 2:40 pm

I visited the Richmond Steak House on their opening night last monday. A very pleasant place to visit with excellent choice of Thai and western meals. I had Australian lamb chops, salad and chips ( no french fries here).

The meal and presentation was excellent and the cost minimal. Pooky and Russell have a good range of drinks at reasonable prices and I must say one of the winners for me was not being blasted out the door by loud music. It is a very pleasant place to have a meal, sip a drink and chat.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » December 28, 2005, 6:41 pm

Its in between Tesco and Global house - on the ring road - sandwiched in between a row of shop houses.
If you come from tesco towards Global house - its on the left side

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » December 28, 2005, 9:29 pm

Well we tried it tonight, went with a group of six, that was a mistake, not open long enought to get the bugs out of the service ect. yet. I think it would have went much better had the wife and I went alone.

Beautiful place owners was a heck of a nice guy, who said " I have a lot to learn " I think with a bit of time to get everything organized it will be a great addition to Udon. Nice family style place, one that you can take the wife and kids and enjoy a meal without loud drunks and music.

We will go back again in a few weeks in see how things are flowing then.

Come to think of it there were seven of us in the group, so that was a tough one to handle for a new business and staff not in a system yet.

It is probably the best menu that I have seen in Udon.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » December 29, 2005, 2:14 am

Lamb chops eh, sounds like another one for the little black book ;)

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 29, 2005, 9:51 am

So Wokkawombat, what's wrong with good old Kangaroo steaks? That's what I want to know? :lol: :lol:

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » December 29, 2005, 6:45 pm

I refuse to eat Kangaroo as it is one of the two native animals on the Australian coat of arms. We are all a little strange in our own way.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 29, 2005, 7:02 pm

Oh, I thought you'd JUMP at the chance, and get some tukker inside you, so to speak!!! :lol:

Do you know what you get if you cross a kangaroo with a sheep? :?

A woolly jumper. Just what you need for these cooler nights!! :o :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 6, 2006, 1:37 pm

Mmmm, the food is looking good. 120bt for chicken steak with real potato chips and hot bread roll.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 7, 2006, 2:27 am

You have convinced me Lee!!! It's on the ring road near Tesco Lotus, yes??

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 7, 2006, 10:45 am

It's at Map Ref T3 near Global House and on the same side.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 7, 2006, 11:03 am

Just pass the light, so you will need to go to the turn-around (coming from Big C area).

Good food, friendly staff, (negatives for me are no smoking inside and the beer is a little high, but maybe these are plus's for others).

wokkawombat
udonmap.com

Post by wokkawombat » March 7, 2006, 4:40 pm

Fresh supplies of mint sauce and jelly depart Sydney on QF1 friday 10th March...

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 8, 2006, 2:47 am

Dakoda wrote:beer is a little high
Seperated by a common language Dakoda, high priced....or??

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 8, 2006, 8:02 am

Seperated by a common language Dakoda, high priced....or??

expensive, costly, exorbitant, pricey, or maybe steep! So, I guess you go for the food, and not for a few beers. But I really can't remember, if more or less then other high priced places, just remember thinking beer is pricey. You also must remember that my neighborhood shop charges 60 baht for a large Heineken :!:

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 30, 2006, 10:41 am

Checked out yesterday evening with a group of 5

To add to the above, agreed, an excellent Farang Menu and friendly owners.

I did not look too closely but there is also a small Thai menu, at Thai prices starting from 50B as I recall

Well worth a visit if you need a farang food fix :D

aj
udonmap.com

Post by aj » April 1, 2006, 8:05 am

HAVE EATEN THERE THE ONCE . and from the Thai menu which was ok . english is pricey for Tailand ,what put me off was the place itself to be honest. gave me the feel of a working mans cafe with high prices. It lacks atmosphere to say the least.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com

Post by wokkawombat » April 8, 2006, 3:38 pm

I dined at The Richmond Steak House again last monday 2/4/2006. I found it to be as enjoyable as the other times I ate there.

My partener had a delicious mushroom soup, something Thai that she declared wonderfull, tea and a Fanta. I had a pork steak with salad, vegs and chips, bread roll, 2 cans of Diet Coke and a bottle of Blue Ice beer. Total cost, 360 baht. Quite reasonable I feel.

The price of the English menu may reflect the fact that Australian steak and lamb are included.

The air con was working well, the music not overpowering and service was good. Perhaps I do not move in the rarified atmosphere of Udon Thani high society but to me the atmosphere was excellent.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”