Siam Grand Hotel.??

General Udon Thani topics only!
bubbles
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by bubbles » February 3, 2012, 7:18 pm

Does anyone know why the Siam Grand Hotel is not opened yet ?? It looks like it's all finished and looks great ??
Bubbles

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by FrazeeDK » February 4, 2012, 10:55 pm

Udon Map should get them to sponsor.. I don't see a website for it doing a Google Search.. I think if they were pending a "soft opening" they'd at least have a website..
Dave

lee
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by lee » February 5, 2012, 9:55 am

Siam Grand is part of the Karin Hotel group and they don't have a website either. I guess they don't realise the importance of a website or hotel booking websites.

wiking
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by wiking » February 5, 2012, 11:12 am

yes today most off them need af webpage - but this only make the price higher - here im town several guesthouse has no webpage or som bookingplace but is always full - they are cheaper than them on bookingsite

looking on latestays. always 50% discount

for 10 years ago on samui, no webpage and all cheap and 90% full -
today, most on webpage, all expensive (they has to pay the booking) and now half empty

so the internet is nice but expensive but there is no way back but maybee not same in few years - i think everyone will book direkt on the hotels homepage and pay with their mobile, not need for these bookingswebpage who only cost a lot off money

parrot
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by parrot » February 5, 2012, 11:22 am

As grand as the Siam Grand looks from the outside, if it's a private venture, I'm afraid it will not be grand at all. My experience with hotels in Thailand is: if you expect international standards of quality in a hotel, you'll have a difficult time finding such in a privately owned venture.
The new hotel may indeed be a fine place to stay, but I'll be surprised if it exceeds the quality of what's already available in Udon.
If the hotel were eligible to win a prize today, it'd win for 'Hotel Taking the Longest Time to Build' and counting!

lee
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by lee » February 5, 2012, 11:53 am

wiking wrote:yes today most off them need af webpage - but this only make the price higher - here im town several guesthouse has no webpage or som bookingplace but is always full - they are cheaper than them on bookingsite
I used to have a guest house and 90% of the bookings came from the website. The website cost peanuts to put together. All you need is some photos, a map and contact details for bookings. I'm not sure if the Karin is full every night but it wouldn't hurt to have a basic website at the very least.

wiking
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by wiking » February 6, 2012, 11:07 am

yes i agree Lee, if they want to bussiness, they need a webpage - same what I say, booking this way and pay with your mobilephone.

but I am not sure they need all these webpage as agoda, because they ask them to raise the price, so they can give discount, and then your room rates get more expensive and then less customer

parrot
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by parrot » December 7, 2012, 11:51 am

I stopped in the hotel yesterday as someone reported it was open. Driving through the main entrance, no cars in sight, no security guard/welcoming committee, no doorman....but walked in the lobby and after inquiring, was told the hotel was indeed open. Nice lobby, but completely devoid of people. The two girls behind the counter were nice enough, but dressed in normal clothes.......I inquired about a brochure.....not ready, but was told the room rates are Standard room 1500 baht (on grand opening special for 1200), junior suite 3000, grand suite 5000. Rates include breakfast for 2 (but I didn't inquire about the type of breakfast).
Long story short.....the hotel is open, but I'd guess service isn't yet up to par. But if you're looking for a brand spanking new room and peace and quiet close to Big C, it might be worth a stay.

Shado
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Shado » December 7, 2012, 12:05 pm

Yes, drove by there this morning and they have a banner streached across the entrance announcing that they are open. I told the wife that we should get a room there for a night to see what it was like. She, in turn, said that I was baa khlang and why she want hotel 3 kilometers from her home. "Have nice home a lot of food." "Farang khlao!"

Sometimes Thai women just don't appreciate a romantic gesture.

As mentioned, no cars in the parking lot. I suspect the hotel may cater to conventions, banquets etc.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by FrazeeDK » December 7, 2012, 1:21 pm

maybe it is a "soft" opening?? Usually a large hotel like that has a big bang "hard" opening with advertising and some type of swank gala event to mark it..
Dave

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by pienmash » December 7, 2012, 10:06 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:maybe it is a "soft" opening?? Usually a large hotel like that has a big bang "hard" opening with advertising and some type of swank gala event to mark it..

I was told there will defo be a slip n slide massage facility based there ,,,,, give Oscars a bit of competion as the massage ladies there are bit errrrrrr past it , long in the tooth ,, during a recent stress relief session there one of the lasses said its been very quiet ,,,,,,,,, the last person she massaged was a fella called Noah ,,,,, he was only passing thru cos he was on a cruise ship or something .... still she got a healthy tip off mash .

back on topic ,, hotels etc springing up all over Udon,,, latest on the ring rd opposite Ruysuk 2 ,,, strange name i forgot it .

mash

Galee
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Galee » December 7, 2012, 10:47 pm

pienmash wrote:[
back on topic ,, hotels etc springing up all over Udon,,, mash
Thats true mash. The other day I went along the road that goes from the railway crossing at Phosi Road and comes out near Home Pro on the ring road. Two very nice looking hotels have just opened up along there.

PRichard
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by PRichard » December 8, 2012, 12:06 am

Here's a web site in Thai: http://www.siamgrandhotel.com/

and of course FB: http://www.facebook.com/siamgrand.hotel/favorites

Very little information from those links. The info is same as Mr. parrot has posted earlier.

I could not find an English web site. And this hotel is supposed to be for international market ??!!

Yawn ... as in too late in the night and not excited about the hotel.

Jed
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Jed » December 8, 2012, 7:37 am

Galee wrote:Thats true mash. The other day I went along the road that goes from the railway crossing at Phosi Road and comes out near Home Pro on the ring road. Two very nice looking hotels have just opened up along there.
One of these is a very nice, brand new hotel with excellent rates -- about 5-600 Baht/night -- located on a large plot of land across the tracks from the train station.

Called Intara Hotel and has website in English with map, etc.: http://www.intarahotel.com

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Lao-miner » December 9, 2012, 5:49 am

Shado wrote: I told the wife that we should get a room there for a night

Sometimes Thai women just don't appreciate a romantic gesture.
Take the Mia Noi and report back please

Shado
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Shado » December 9, 2012, 8:00 am

"Take the Mia Noi and report back please"

Did you miss the part about being 3 km from the house?

KB_Texas

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by KB_Texas » December 9, 2012, 12:12 pm

Shado wrote:"Take the Mia Noi and report back please"

Did you miss the part about being 3 km from the house?
To a Thai, that is almost an overnight trip. ;)

KB

Shado
udonmap.com

Siam Grand Hotel.??

Post by Shado » December 9, 2012, 12:16 pm

Not the Thai I've got. She spends more time driving the car than I do.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”