Spacing between connections standard for mixer faucets?

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
rickfarang
udonmap.com

Spacing between connections standard for mixer faucets?

Post by rickfarang » January 20, 2017, 2:15 pm

It looks like the mixer faucet in one of the showers in my house is dripping about 120 liters/day and I want to replace it. My concern is whether or not the spacing between the pipes (hot and cold water) is standard. I can only imagine the threads are the same but if they are not, would somebody please let me know? What I want to avoid is having to take the faucet out to compare at Golbal or elsewhere, leaving the house with no water.

In summary, is pacing and threads standard?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Spacing between connections standard for mixer faucets?

Post by kopkei » January 21, 2017, 8:29 am

the normal distance between hot and cold water line is 15cm , from center pipe measured ...
as when you buy a faucet you have 2 s-adapter in the box
S-adapter-240x190.jpg
S-adapter-240x190.jpg (11.98 KiB) Viewed 653 times
to use when the distance is not exactly 15cm between cold and hot water line ....
abroad they all ready use a special adapter to get the distance in the wall exact ..
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.04 KiB) Viewed 650 times
as they do not use this in los you can imaging the lines will never have the exact distance :D
i did see this (almost similar) at boonthavorn shop..good luck ;)

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Re: Spacing between connections standard for mixer faucets?

Post by rickfarang » January 21, 2017, 7:01 pm

Thank you for your very clear, detailed, and definitive answer. We found Boonthavorn to be a very nice place and have a new faucet now. And the water pump isn't cycling every 10 minutes :-)

Return to “House & Land”