Swedish krona nosediving big time..

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
DuiDui
udonmap.com

Swedish krona nosediving big time..

Post by DuiDui » October 19, 2016, 7:50 am

...when is dive of the Swedish krona stop..no end in sight.Wonder how many Swedish tourist canceling their trips.This morning Krtona to Bath..3.96260..holy crap :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: Swedish krona nosediving big time..

Post by JimboPSM » October 19, 2016, 5:43 pm

The fall appears to be linked to the recent release of inflation figures showing that, although inflation is rising, it is rising at a slower rate than had previously been anticipated by foreign exchange market economists.

This has led the foreign exchange markets to factoring in a delay to an increase in the Riksbank Repo Rate which currently is negative 0.5%.

Without an uptick in inflation there is little prospect of the rate improving dramatically under the regime of monetary policy as currently operated by the Riksbank.

For those in Thailand this is exacerbated by the continued overvaluation of the Baht (which I believe to be some 10% - don't hold your breath waiting for this to be rectified, the possibility of Thailand actually having an economically justified exchange rate any time soon are often greatly exaggerated).

Caveat: My comments above come from a quick trawl of internet articles on the “Sveriges Riksbank” and “Sweden inflation” and not from any specific knowledge of the Swedish economy (which I have never researched).

While the charts below do not provide any further information on the recent movement, they add some historical perspective of the SEK/THB rate.

The charts, from 1981 to date and (for greater clarity) from 2001 to date, are of the average monthly buy/sell rate (Note: the latest rate on both charts is 18th October 2016 – not the average for October).
  • SEK/THB from January 1981 to October 2016
    SEK-THB 1981.01.jpg
    SEK/THB from January 2001 to October 2016
    SEK-THB 2001.01.jpg
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » October 19, 2016, 9:40 pm

DuiDui wrote:...when is dive of the Swedish krona stop..no end in sight.Wonder how many Swedish tourist canceling their trips.This morning Krtona to Bath..3.96260..holy crap :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You are not alone. Im danish and the danish krone is nosediving to. Not like the Swedish kr. It seems like the Nordic currencies is loosing value

Properly jimbo can explain why. Look at the stock marked and the set to. Why is everything going up. Is the economy really so good right now

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » October 19, 2016, 10:31 pm

Look her from where the government change to the ruling government now

Since 2014 SEK/THB
SEK_2014.png
The Danish DKK/THB
DKK_2014.png

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » October 19, 2016, 10:38 pm

Forgot the NOK/THB
NOK_2014.png
The strange thing here. Every Nordic currency is nosediving to the Baht :?

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » October 20, 2016, 8:09 am

Thanks for trying to explain what i can not understand.Well my exstension of stay is done..so what about Vietnam.

I'm looking now at friends,Thai friends they are so deeply in debt and going to the bank to try and "lay the cards on the table" and ask for some advice,not going to happen..loosing face.Instead they go for moore loans,were ever they can find someone to loan them moore.
And all the building that is going on,all the houses/townhouses that are empty..and still building moore.Is is corruption/drugmoney laundering going on or Chinese people "investing".

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » October 20, 2016, 9:24 am

Well to put everything in proportion:

Cambodia is still at $140 a month, Laos is at $111 a month and Myanmar is only $67 a month.

That's MINIMUM wages..And now Thailand is in my eyes INSULTIN their own people by this statment:

Minimum wage to rise by 5Bt-10Bt in 69 provinces.

"By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Minimum wages will rise to between Bt305 and Bt310 per day in 69 provinces from the current nationwide rate of Bt300, effective from January 1, 2017.

Labour Ministry permanent secretary ML Puntrik Smiti said after chairing a meeting of the tripartite Central Wage Committee yesterday that the meeting approved rises of the minimum daily wage next year in 69 provinces, while the minimum in the other |eight provinces will remain at Bt300.

The wage in seven provinces – Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and Phuket – will rise by Bt10, while that in 13 provinces will increase by Bt8, and in 49 provinces by Bt5.

The committee will submit its resolution to the Labour Ministry, which will forward it to the Cabinet."

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » October 20, 2016, 10:04 am

DuiDui wrote:Thanks for trying to explain what i can not understand.Well my exstension of stay is done..so what about Vietnam.

I'm looking now at friends,Thai friends they are so deeply in debt and going to the bank to try and "lay the cards on the table" and ask for some advice,not going to happen..loosing face.Instead they go for moore loans,were ever they can find someone to loan them moore.
And all the building that is going on,all the houses/townhouses that are empty..and still building moore.Is is corruption/drugmoney laundering going on or Chinese people "investing".
I have just been on holiday in Vietnam. I was very surprise how clean there was. Infrastructures was at levels as western countries .

Good things is 1 years visa for 135 dollar. Not only Us, no reporting every 90 days and you can have your house and land in your name. I don't know about hospitals and so on, but like you I'm thinking about moving over there, if everything is going bad here in Thailand. Good luck to you future

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”