Coming soon! - Downtown Plaza Udon Thani

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
rickfarang
udonmap.com

Re: Coming soon! - Downtown Plaza Udon Thani

Post by rickfarang » December 22, 2009, 2:22 am

Can't comment on the carpark across from the Ford dealer, but I will say that there seems to have been some planning about Mc Donalds, but perhaps it could have been better. It seems to be set up to maximize exposure to traffic (or maximize access) but the sheer number of vehicles entering their parking lot and drive through must have been a surprise to even the most astute planners.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 22, 2009, 1:16 pm

parrot wrote:Has anyone ever parked in the new carpark, across from the Ford Dealer, near the fountain circle? It was built about 2 years ago....maybe 6 stories.......but has an outrageously steep entrance ramp.
I don't pass it often, but have never seen a car enter/exit. My guess is it'll never be used. Anyone have any firsthand experience?
Is this the one near Decor's Choice ? Its certainly near the fountain circle.
The entrance is like going up a 1 in 2 and then a right turn at the top where it narrows !!!
I,too,have never seen a vehicle go into it.If you have a pick up with a poor steering turn I'd think it would be impossible to get in given the gradient and sharp right turn into a cramped area.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 22, 2009, 6:19 pm

parrot wrote: The wage scale is so low for folks in Udon, one can only wonder how they afford such places.

...the way some folks do business here makes me wonder if they have a plan or just have money.
While many westerners are quick to bump up their income, I'm convinced many Thais intentionally understate theirs. It's often very useful in a "richest guy buys" environment.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 22, 2009, 7:04 pm

It is the one across from Decor's Choice. So the thing that has me befuddled about that car park is, how could anyone design/build such a big place without properly designing the ramps?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 22, 2009, 9:02 pm

parrot wrote:It is the one across from Decor's Choice. So the thing that has me befuddled about that car park is, how could anyone design/build such a big place without properly designing the ramps?
how could anyone design/build such a big place without properly designing the ramps?
Quite easy....if you are a Thai...........

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » December 22, 2009, 10:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
parrot wrote:It is the one across from Decor's Choice. So the thing that has me befuddled about that car park is, how could anyone design/build such a big place without properly designing the ramps?
how could anyone design/build such a big place without properly designing the ramps?
Quite easy....if you are a Thai...........
Co-signed. But I didn't say it. You did. :-# :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”