English Lesson Plans etc.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » May 8, 2013, 8:25 am

:roll: Hi, one and all. I have just been asked back to teach after an absence of 6 years.
Dose anyone know what is the best site I go to for ESL plans.

Thanks....Mudguard..

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » May 9, 2013, 11:28 am

Mudguard wrote::roll: Hi, one and all. I have just been asked back to teach after an absence of 6 years.

Thanks....Mudguard..
What's wrong with writing your own lesson plans?

If you don't know how to write a lesson plan...

... then maybe it might be better to go to a university and study for a degree in teaching.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » May 9, 2013, 2:39 pm

Mudguard wrote::roll: Hi, one and all. I have just been asked back to teach after an absence of 6 years.

Thanks....Mudguard..
Perhaps you should ask for the curriculum, the learning & teaching objectives for the year, term or semester and what learning materials will be used and build out from there choosing a template which are readily available online sites etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 9, 2013, 5:37 pm

Even after 6 years what was learnt then ,cannot be forgotten surely, ask for a curriculum, that is if they have one. You could also access the Thai national curriculum and ascertain what they need to learn, not that that is much good either.
Ascertain what text boks they are using and then look online there are a mriad of sites to assist you in preparing anything from a simple \ABC lesson plan to complicated writing a treatise on almost any subject you care to mention.
Depenmds on the level of teaching, P or M students and the school.
lack of information makes it hard to assist you in reality.

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » May 10, 2013, 7:31 am

FrANKI you rude man... I have already been to university and, technical college.. Have you?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2013, 7:53 am

Both uh............intreresting !!

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » May 12, 2013, 8:10 am

If you are a falang,show up,so the parents can see that you are falang,do not flunk anyone,you have probably served your purpose for them hiring you.Might even be offered a new contract....lol...lesson plan.....huh!

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 12, 2013, 10:36 am

Mudguard .

Ref lesson plans n planning ,,,, try to keep the lessons as relaxed as poss , inject as much fun as you can Thais just love being happy students , plans must be adaptable as even tho it doesnt appear so on the timetable class time will vary as will the mixed ability , attention spans and general interest in learning of the students in most cases .... always have a back up plan or added activities and be prepared for the unexpected ,,, the Billy Wizz of the class asking the most ridiculously complex questions with no relevance to the topic being taught just trying to catch you out ....i had the same reply to any such question aimed at me with a simple answer .....example

Whilst teaching in Bangkok ,,, lesson plan was based on dining out vocabulary ..very basic English ... Billy chimes up ... a complex grammatical question that would take the whole lesson time to answer with no relevance to the topic ,,, simple ... answer ,,, thats a very good question Billy and something we will be coming to later in the course .... alas usually i would also follow Billy out after the class and push him down the stairs sustaining enough injuries to keep him off school till the end of the course .... onnee kidding !!.

Good luck with the teaching ,,, i hope you have the patience of a saint ,,, a must

mash

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » May 12, 2013, 3:06 pm

Mudguard wrote:FrANKI you rude man...
I have read many topics on this forum where many forum members commented negatively on Thai teachers and their supposedly lack of education. However many Farang teachers haven't got a degree in teaching themselves. So, often it is the pot calling the kettle black. I have never read anybody being called rude when commenting on Thai teachers, not from you nor from anybody else on this forum, so... double standards by Farang expats?

Mudguard wrote:I have already been to university and, technical college.
That doesn't mean anything. It all depends on the subject. You can be a wonderful engineer, but that doesn't have anything to do with teaching English.

If you had studied for a degree in teaching English, you wouldn't have any reason to ask info about lesson plans.

Mudguard wrote:Have you?
Yes. I have a degree in teaching English as a second language, B.Ed.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”