Car tax and blue book

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Galee
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by Galee » June 17, 2013, 6:34 pm

I'm reliably informed that when you tax your car, the cars blue book should also be stamped for proof of tax.
For the past two years my wife has been getting my car tax at the office at AEK. Each time the car was taxed with no problem but on each occasion she was not asked for the blue book to provide the stamp in it. Apparently there is a 500baht fine for non-compliance.
Anyone else throw some light on this topic?

747man
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by 747man » June 17, 2013, 7:05 pm

Gary, Yeah I get a stamp in mine EVERY Year....... :D :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by parrot » June 17, 2013, 7:36 pm

On page 16 of the blue book (mine, anyway) is the page that shows payment of tax (รายการเสียภาษี)
Each of the 6 times our truck has been registered, there's been a single-line entry made that shows the effective dates of registration (for example: 17 June 2556 - 17 June 2557), the window sticker #, amount of payment, the recording agent, and, in the final column, the registrar stamp with initials.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by Chriss » June 18, 2013, 8:17 am

We're always told to bring the blue book when we retax the car. The agent makes a point of asking every year and did tell us there could be a fine if this is not completed.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by kubotatim » June 18, 2013, 9:53 am

This cannot be true, as I only have a copy of mine as it is on finance and it has been retaxed twice now with nothing added to the copy, the blue book is keep by the finance house until it is totally paid for

trubrit
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by trubrit » June 18, 2013, 10:14 am

kubotatim wrote:This cannot be true, as I only have a copy of mine as it is on finance and it has been retaxed twice now with nothing added to the copy, the blue book is keep by the finance house until it is totally paid for
I think you will find if the vehicle is on finance that you pay the fee to the lender and they retax it on your behalf every year.The copy of the registration book is simply for identification purpose if you are stopped .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by GARYZX6R » June 18, 2013, 10:16 am

trubrit wrote:
kubotatim wrote:This cannot be true, as I only have a copy of mine as it is on finance and it has been retaxed twice now with nothing added to the copy, the blue book is keep by the finance house until it is totally paid for
I think you will find if the vehicle is on finance that you pay the fee to the lender and they retax it on your behalf every year.The copy of the registration book is simply for identification purpose if you are stopped .
Not true TB ,you pay the tax same as a owned car ,go to tax office at AEK and pay for your disc.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by BobHelm » June 18, 2013, 10:19 am

trubrit wrote: I think you will find if the vehicle is on finance that you pay the fee to the lender and they retax it on your behalf every year.
That was certainly my experience.
I had to go & re-tax at the Bank, rather than anywhere else.
The Bank would then give me the tax sticker upon payment, however that was a couple of years ago now...

trubrit
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by trubrit » June 18, 2013, 10:25 am

GARYZX6R wrote:
trubrit wrote:
Not true TB ,you pay the tax same as a owned car ,go to tax office at AEK and pay for your disc.
Certainly true for my wife's new vehicle but I agree the tax amount is the same, however her finance house , Toyota Finance, add on a 400bht service charge for doing it .She doesn't have to do anything her new tax disc arrives in the post a week later .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by kubotatim » June 18, 2013, 11:08 am

NO I retax it myself at the tax agent in my village

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 18, 2013, 12:22 pm

Galee wrote:I'm reliably informed that when you tax your car, the cars blue book should also be stamped for proof of tax.
Correct, my agent here in Ban Dung takes our blue book along with the Para Bor insurance receipt to Nong Han every year to pay the tax. The book gets stamped and new windscreen sticker issued, the service takes 2 days and only costs me 100 Baht on top of the tax, saves a painful drive and endless pissing around.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by lassebasse » June 18, 2013, 12:49 pm

The above is a bit confusing since our car book is GREEN (but of course stamped every year). Our housebook is BLUE and nothing concerning the car is stamped there.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by Chriss » June 18, 2013, 1:02 pm

Our car book is definitely Blue, the motorbikes have green books though.

joepai
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by joepai » June 18, 2013, 2:41 pm

lassebasse wrote:The above is a bit confusing since our car book is GREEN (but of course stamped every year). Our housebook is BLUE and nothing concerning the car is stamped there.
You have a pick-up ?
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 19, 2013, 6:03 am

lassebasse wrote:The above is a bit confusing since our car book is GREEN (but of course stamped every year). Our housebook is BLUE and nothing concerning the car is stamped there.
Cars, pick-ups and SUVs etc are blue. Green books are for bikes, and yes, they get stamped every year as well.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Car tax and blue book

Post by tamada » June 19, 2013, 6:49 am

I just went and paid the tax on my financed pickup at the LTO underneath AEK Udon by myself.

I will drop by Tissco's office, show them the tax receipts and ask about keeping the blue book current. They did send an SMS reminder that the tax was due but the message didn't specifically say to pay them so they would take care of it which would be much more logical.

Return to “Travel & Transport”