Bangkok Bank Book For Direct Deposit Account

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » August 6, 2013, 9:54 am

I have a Bangkok Bank direct deposit account for social security which I open in Pattaya. I am currently living in Udon and I now need a new book for transactions because I filled the current one. Can I obtain a new book in Udon? The last time I needed a new book for a regular saving account I was told I have to go to Pattaya (the home branch). After some discussion with bank clerk, one reason he could not do was the fact I had obtained a new passport (old one expired). However, I had both the old and new passport with me so reluctantly, he gave me a new book. Now I am told the same thing by clerk (previous clerk not working there), must go to home branch Pattaya to get a new direct deposit book.

Anyone have same experience? I know I can go to all the Bangkok Bank branches to see if one will do this for me but I really not prefer to do this unless necessary. Driving in Udon Traffic is really getting on my nerves especially since the numerous near misses have experienced lately.

Thank you in advance.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » August 6, 2013, 10:16 am

(edit) I am aware that I can transfer the account to Udon (save on commission fees) but from what I have read on forums here that can turn into a real nightmare experience such as the person who transferred his account from Bangkok to Udon therefore, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". And, this will also required a trip to Pattaya to close the account. When Air Asia flew into swappy, it was a quick and cheap trip to Pattaya, now, it is a pain.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » August 6, 2013, 10:34 am

I changed mine from Phuket Bangkok Bank to Udon BB, charged me to close it then opened new one here. Easy.
malc123

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » August 6, 2013, 12:11 pm

Just open new account, then transfer funds via internet banking with a very small fee, so easy!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2013, 1:33 pm

Being that its a "direct deposit account", just might not be so easy to transfer here, but if I was planning on staying in Udon, would bite the bullet.

Also think you might get better answers at the main branch off clock circle. Would say upstairs Customer Service, think there is one that speaks reasonable english. Good luck.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » August 6, 2013, 8:46 pm

Just open new account in Udon and they will transfer the funds from Pattaya

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » August 7, 2013, 10:41 am

The U.S. SSA makes some very stringent restrictions on this account so any changes that might typically be more easy are not possible. One restriction is no ATM card may be issued. I assume this is to prevent anyone holding the card from making withdrawals after the account owners death.

I think best suggestion is go to second level of main branch, near clock circle and across from Landmark Plaza. I opened my account here, but I can make my monthly withdrawals from any Udon branch. Then I just transfer to another account with ATM card.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”