Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

General Udon Thani topics only!
udonviking
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by udonviking » August 29, 2013, 6:07 pm

I bought parquet floor, ”Leo Dura Pluss” at Thaiwatsadu. When I choose the parquet a lovely girl at the parquet department said it was 2m2 in each packet.
When I was going to pay another woman, a senior staff said it was 2,02 and I had to pay for the extra 0,2. So I did and I paid about 1175,- thb extra for the 0,2 she said was in the packets.
When the parquet arrived the packets says its only 2m2 in each packet. I went back and complained, but they weren’t willing to refund the money.
Now I have received an email and they have changed and now they say it’s 2.016 in each packet and they are willing to give me 233 thb in refund. It’s not a lot of money but the principle of it. People should be aware when they shop at Thaiwatsadu. They did steal from me last time I was there and they can easily steal from you as well.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by kopkei » August 29, 2013, 7:24 pm

well measure the plates/how many plate in a box /and you will have exact figure of what size in the box,
so you know exactly who is wrong... ;)

udonviking
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by udonviking » August 29, 2013, 7:54 pm

If the packet says 2m2, that’s what I buy. It’s same if you buy a bottle of coke. The bottle says 0,25 but often is 0,26 maybe even 0,27. It’s strange to pay extra for the bottle if it’s sold as a 0,25 bottle.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by kopkei » August 29, 2013, 8:38 pm

well this is maybe good in your country but not in thailand , when we bought the swimming pool tiles , the shop told us it was 1m2 a box when they arrived they had 90 tiles of 10/10cm ... :mad:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by jackspratt » August 29, 2013, 8:45 pm

kopkei wrote:........... when we bought the swimming pool tiles , the shop told us it was 1m2 a box when they arrived they had 90 tiles of 10/10cm ... :mad:
Which seems sensible, when you allow for the grout.

udonviking
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by udonviking » August 29, 2013, 9:13 pm

It’s the same, but really not the same ;) My point is that I feel ripped off in a way. I spent a lot of money there and my plan was to spend a lot of more THB at Thaiwatsadu. But now I am not so sure about is anymore. Its that feeling of been tricked….

kopkei
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by kopkei » August 29, 2013, 9:25 pm

indeed jack , that was the explanation of the swim shop too , but do you also must consider this when you buy floor tiles ? , never ... ;)

udonviking
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by udonviking » August 29, 2013, 9:37 pm

kopkei wrote:indeed jack , that was the explanation of the swim shop too , but do you also must consider this when you buy floor tiles ? , never ... ;)
OR parquet :-D

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Thaiwatsadu – udon thani

Post by Frankie 1 » August 30, 2013, 1:46 pm

I was at Thai Watsadu (remembering all the wonderful stories here on Udon Map not so long ago). Wanted to buy some roof material to build a small extra roof at the back of my house. In Thai Watsadu they have demonsrration materials, a show-roof on display, examples, leaflets, etcetera. I asked info and I wanted to order, and then I got the typical Thai superstore answer... "mai mee". Can I order the material then to pick it up later, will you have it next week? Answer: "mai mee" "no have" "no order". They have everything on display in the shop, but they don't have it, don't get it and don't sell it.

So, anyway, walking through the shop. I didn't see what's so special about this shop. After the opening day and week, it's just another DIY shop, with the same issues as in the other DIY shops.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”