New App Could Put Thousands Out of Work

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 10, 2013, 5:09 pm

It's a joke......but only half a joke.

I've been to photo shops where there's a cache of 'graphic artists' laboring away at removing blemishes from student/politican/government worker ID photos (I believe that is about 90% of the population). That 40 year old politician-to-be with lao-kao eyes and Noriega-textured cheeks now looks like half his age with sparkling white teeth and skin, jet black hair, and nary a blemish on his face. It may have taken the graphic artists hours to perfect the look of someone you'd vote for, whether that might be the next PM or the next student council president (do they do that here??).

All those graphic artists may soon find themselves out of a job though.......for a mere few dollars, you can download an app that pretty much does the hard work for you and delivers a baby-skinned, pearly white, unblemished skin photo for you without the need to go to technical school. The best thing about these retouched photos is......if people only know you via your retouched face, they won't recognize you when you bump into them downtown.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/techn ... rsonaltech

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 10, 2013, 7:54 pm

eyes.jpg
eyes.jpg (3.66 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
what does someone look like with " lao-kao eyes" ?
Can be improved?
Mai mee tahng !

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 11, 2013, 1:10 am

Shouldn't she be half asleep rather than bug-eyed if she is drunk? 555+

Khun Parrot, a friend of mine in Sukhothai has a feature on her i-phone 5, maybe it is the app you mention, that makes her look 25 instead of 45. This is going to be a boon to Thai ladies looking for someone on date-in-asia or a similar site. I wonder if it would work on me?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 11, 2013, 5:11 am

hah! the next logical progression is a live video app (akin to SKYPE) that will modify a streamed video image of a subject.. Perfect for the over the hill gal (or guy) to present a marketable youthful appearance...
Dave

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » October 11, 2013, 5:15 am

They have places at resorts that will take away all wrinkles,give you hair,take away the gray hair.if your 60,it makes ya look closer to 30.

Return to “Society and culture”