Changes coming to Nevada IT Center

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

The folks at UD Town may be taking over Nevada IT center.....convert it into a 7000 sq meter convention hall....suitable for marriage receptions, large meetings, etc. Maybe plans for a fitness center there as well. Bridge to connect UD Town and what's now Nevada IT. The sale is still in negotiation stages at this point.
https://www.facebook.com/OonSonUdon

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 14, 2013, 3:26 pm

I went in there not long after it was opened & was very impressed with the variety of electronic devices & components that it had. I thought that from then on it would be THE place to go if you wanted anything electronic other than a mobile phone or white goods.

Sadly many of the shops could not having been doing too much business & when I returned 6 months later it was a pale reflection of what it was when it opened. What remained were the Banana/J.I.B. type franchises that already exist elsewhere around town.

When a friend was looking for a new PC about 6 months ago we popped in there on our travels. That was a complete waste of time as the electronics side of the area seemed to have been reduced dramatically. Replaced by the sort of tat that it would be better to go to the night market to buy.

So I am not surprised that it is for sale it is a pity though as, at its very best, it was a very good place to go..

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » October 18, 2013, 6:28 pm

My HUMBLE Opinion, for what's it worth, I think they should put a Major Player(s) in there, i.e., Siam Commercial Bank, BK, Pizza Company, for starter<>bring on Bangkok Bank, Mini Tesco Lotus to attract more Customers. Just my two baht worth<>over to you all.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 18, 2013, 9:02 pm

Thai Railways have also sub leased all the land opposite UD and its going to be a new ( yes another ) Mall , with office space and shopping etc, it will mean a pedestrian bridge , to make it connect literally.

They have already moved 000' s of railway sleepers and started preparing the ground.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 18, 2013, 11:18 pm

SRT owns thousands of Rai of land adjacent to the railways the railway stations throughout the country.. SRT has a huge deficit in the actual railway operations but makes money leasing land..
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 19, 2013, 8:06 pm

If they have a pedestrian bridge with the steps as they have in other pedestrian bridges, then it will be better for us all to risk walking across the road. In BKK and other towns in this fair country the pedestrian bridges must be for the fit and young anyone over 60 have a terrible time getting up and then you have to go down as well.
Like many Thai steps from house builders to even shopping malls, the steps are not designed for ease I must say.
There they have the space so make it slopes but then I expect motor-cycles will use it as well. Good job I probably wont need what ever it is they will have in the refurbished centre.

Return to “Udon Thani News”