Trouble bringing up Facebook

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 2, 2013, 7:11 pm

My wife and I are having trouble bringing up Facebook on both of our computers. We use Home Cable Internet, so maybe the trouble is with them. My wife can bring it up on her smartphone which uses True Move. Anybody else having this same problem?

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 2, 2013, 8:01 pm

No trouble using TOT either on my home computer or my iPad. I just signed off the site a few minutes ago.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » November 4, 2013, 8:36 am

semperfiguy wrote:My wife and I are having trouble bringing up Facebook on both of our computers. We use Home Cable Internet, so maybe the trouble is with them. My wife can bring it up on her smartphone which uses True Move. Anybody else having this same problem?
Check your Pop-Up Blocker settings. Sometimes a Pop-Up Blocker setting will prevent or stall a site from coming up.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 4, 2013, 9:04 am

Both Facebook and You Tube were not working properly, but late yesterday afternoon they both came back up and now are working perfectly. Must have been a problem with the Facebook and YouTube servers or with the Home Cable network. At one point Google Chrome would not open Facebook and gave me a window that said their Certificate had expired and if I opened it they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't be connected to a fraudulent site. I guess we'll really never know what happened, but now my wife is a happy camper once again.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 4, 2013, 9:12 am

It is not unknown for ISPs' to block high traffic sites (or at least limit the number of connections) when they are feeling the strain of demand.
Facebook & YouTube are two ideal candidates in these conditions.

If you are only having issues with a few, popular sites while others, with different ISPs are not, that is the most likely cause...

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”