Hotel in Nong Khai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
Macca
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Macca » November 10, 2013, 10:23 am

Heading to Nong Khai today.
Can anyone recommend a budget hotel or resort in the area.
Not looking for anything special nice room, place to chill and good wifi for the footy.

Cheers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 10, 2013, 11:44 am

Macca ... look no further mate .

Me and my missus found a great place in KK last week . only open 3 months the nicest place ive visited very swish with 3 styles of room from 900 bt per night the basic room is still fabulous .

Mantra Varee Hotel .
78/9 Choun Chaen rd
tel 043 227772
www.mantravaree.com

Great location in a nice part of the city close to everything . Designed and operated by 2 brothers K. YO and K. Yut and their family lovely people .

DM / PM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by merchant seaman » November 10, 2013, 11:55 am

If going to Nong Khai why would one want to stay in a Khon Kaen hotel?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 10, 2013, 11:57 am

Sorry mate thort it was a hotel in Khon Kaen you wanted !! ... dohhhh ..lost mi reading glasses and masturbate way to often .

PM / DM

downunder
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by downunder » November 10, 2013, 12:05 pm

I am Speachless

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 10, 2013, 12:09 pm

downunder wrote:I am Speachless
Well thats a first !!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Zidane » November 10, 2013, 12:59 pm

Royal Nakhara hotel......newish hotel heading towards the railway station.....head into Nong Khai and turn left at the big traffic lights.....follow the road and the hotel is on your left about 400 metres from the train tracks.
Voted no 1. in Nong Khai on Trip Advisor by an assortment of elderly expats !
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Macca
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Macca » November 10, 2013, 1:31 pm

Cheers Zid
looks nice and will do for me.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by nkstan » November 10, 2013, 3:02 pm

I live in Nong Khai and I would recommend the many guest houses on the Rimkong river road.300 -500 baht and the best location!

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by mathusalah80 » November 11, 2013, 9:49 am

Hi Macca,
Not surwe how much you want to pay but, for value, comfort and some much needed serentiy, I don't think there is anywhere in Nongkhai to Beat : Nongkhai Resort, whch is a fairly new Resort slap bang oposite the new Nogkhai Railway Station. www.nongkhairesort.com telephone o-4246-4958/9.

It is a totally enclosed and secluded and, of course, well away from the main road traffic. . Oasislike resort full of beautiful trees, bushes and shrubs, a scenically enclosed swimming pool, and a variety of well kept, well furnished bungalows and apartmentlike rooms, some of which surround a large landscaped pond with fish and a lit fountain in the middle.

We pay Bt.750 for one of the second floor apartments, overlooking the aforesaid pond, and which includes a small (joke of a), Thai or European breakfast. So also, the staff are very friendly and helpful , and the rooms and grounds are kept immaculate. Slight drawback is that occasionally, around late afternoon, you may get a group of schoolchildren take advantage of the facility to pay Bt.60 for the privilege of using the pool. Bathing costmes are available for hire if required (ugh!).

Even if you have, by now, already booked elsewhere, strongly recommend you take an opportunity to go and have a look at this resort, whilst you are in NK. Regards Matt.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by trubrit » November 11, 2013, 10:29 am

Matt . link doesn't work for me, this does.http://nongkhaihotelandresort.com/home.php
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by mathusalah80 » November 11, 2013, 1:37 pm

Trubrit wrote:...Matt . link doesn't work for me, this does.http://nongkhaihotelandresort.com/home.php

The details I provided were CORRECTLY copied direct from the brochure, which I still have in front of me. I confirm I also am unable to access the quoted webpage. I have tried neither the telephone numbers (which in any event I have used before and as recently as three weeks ago, and know to be correct) nor have I checked whether the quoted email address, [email protected] connects.

I accessed the nongkhaihotelresort.com, but the very limited details (photos) didn't help, although I would say, definitely, the carport photo is totally different to my recommended Resort. So also, there is no mention of a swimming pool. 'in yours' and 'mine' is situated literally across the road from the railroad station. To my knowledge 'my' resort does not have, or provide, the visa and other services mentioned.

So my 'Sherlock Holmeslike' investigations and deductions lead me to the conclusion that these are two completely different resorts. No doubt, Macca will now do the right thing, and provide the correct answer to this conundrum, and recompense us both appropriately, for the trouble his enquiry has caused us both. \:D/ :D :lol:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by trubrit » November 11, 2013, 5:36 pm

Not knowing either place I did wonder whether they were the same but the very similar names led me to believe they were. Ruddy confusing to say the least.Must admit, though I don't know the prices, the latter one does look rather nice anyway .Up for another sing along Wednesday then? ;)
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Macca
udonmap.com

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by Macca » November 11, 2013, 6:01 pm

nkstan wrote:I live in Nong Khai and I would recommend the many guest houses on the Rimkong river road.300 -500 baht and the best location!
Was planning to find a place there but the wife had other ideas.
Plenty of places around 400 - 500 baht, can't remember the name of the place we stayed but no problem as certainly won't be going back.

Enjoyed my beers too much during and after the footy, I could have happily slept on a bench :D :D

StevenMn

Hotel in Nong Khai

Post by StevenMn » March 18, 2016, 4:10 am

I am looking for a place in Nong Khai that i can take the misses and the daughter for a couple of nightswithin walking distance of the market and all the food places.... Price, well that depends on whats on offer. Stopped at the Grand last time so hotel, chalet ok pool would be a big plus.

Any ideas

Cheers

Fussy

Return to “Nong Khai”