Traditional American Thanksgiving dinner

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 24, 2013, 8:57 am

I am bringing some friends from Nong Khai to the Kinnery ,Thursday Nov.28th about 4PM,for a traditional Thanksgiving Turkey dinner.I would like ti invite anyone else interested to sign on and show up.if interested,for Thanksgiving \:D/

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2013, 9:53 am

Nkstan, are you saying that the Kinnaree is now going to have the Thanksgiving buffet on Thursday night as well as the private turkey buffet on Wednesday night? In a previous post George says that he had discontinued the Thursday night event due to lack of interest. If he is now asking for reservations for Thursday, how can we sign up and when will we know if he has enough interest to warrant the dinner on Thursday? Is there a number we can call to sign up?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 24, 2013, 10:39 am

They are sponsors on the other channel,thread has a contact number,not sure what you can post here since they are not sponsors. 8)

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » November 24, 2013, 10:43 am

pompui wrote:They are sponsors on the other channel,thread has a contact number,not sure what you can post here since they are not sponsors. 8)
This is what I was told about non-sponsors:
"Generally, you cannot post specifics about non-sponsors other than your specific experience. That includes maps to the restaurant, menus, photos of dishes other than what you personally ate and enjoyed/didn't. I.e., you can post about your personal experience, but anything which we deem as trying to get others to go may be removed."

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 24, 2013, 11:53 am

Nkstan, are you saying that the Kinnaree is now going to have the Thanksgiving buffet on Thursday night
NOT A BUFFET...............just the daily special for that thursday.
but anything which we deem as trying to get others to go may be removed
why would anyone post anything about any place, even sponsors, if not wanting them to try..............seems kind of silly. you can post positive things on sponsor thread, so people go, but negative things will be removed at sponsors discretion..........BUT, you can trash any non sponsor as a warning to others, but not compliment them, so others may think about trying, as maybe not knowing there, and the whole point of the forum, exchange of information. in which case, why have the forum at all, and understand its a travel / tourist info venue, but when was the last time a tourist actually asked a question. the site itself answers most, and the forum would be for opinions, for people to try, but not allowed, unless a sponsor.

understand it's a business, and if non sponsors were constantly plugged, especially by people with a vested interest, not exactly fair to paying sponsors, but should be a mid way point somewhere.

just thinking out loud, and sure to be deleted. if so, leave the info, so people don't go expecting a buffet as IT'S NOT.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 24, 2013, 12:16 pm

Seems you have become the spokesman for the Kinaree on both forums.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 24, 2013, 12:32 pm

Sort of like you and the vendors you support and post about.

Simply providing information ............. if that's alright with you ........ it's called contributing. not trolling.

on that note, I did receive and email, a few seconds ago, with permission to share, for those interested, informational, as I have no vested interest.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2013, 12:54 pm

WhoUrDaddy wrote:Sort of like you and the vendors you support and post about.

Simply providing information ............. if that's alright with you ........ it's called contributing. not trolling.

on that note, I did receive and email, a few seconds ago, with permission to share, for those interested, informational, as I have no vested interest.

I don't see any particular time posted for the dinner, so does that mean that the set meal is available all afternoon and evening?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 24, 2013, 12:57 pm

Simply states 'available for lunch or dinner', and believe, don't quote me, they serve all day from 9AM, though wouldn't expect any bird until noon and beyond.

George isn't too computer / forum savvy yet, or have constant access to a computer......I think. :roll:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 24, 2013, 1:08 pm

See the PM was addressed to your user name on the other forum. So you are trolling aye? :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 24, 2013, 1:14 pm

how would that be trolling, sent there as we are both members there. I'm not trying to solicit a response, for or against........hence trolling..........simply providing info, as some may appreciate it.

now who would be trolling :-" :-"

I did notice, or should I say, didn't notice any sponsors pushing a Thursday bird day, so shouldn't be in conflict with anyone.

I hope nobody wonders why I almost never start a thread here or even contribute much. :roll:

I know 'never to say never'................but 'why bother' sure comes to mind. 8)

I'm not even allowed to have an avatar, one that actually mentioned sponsors, then asked a different mod place a generic avatar and re-lock my ability to change, which I guess the other mod didn't want me to have even that..............WTF.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 24, 2013, 1:24 pm

I thought the same,no sponsors have been advertising so far and yet when I posted info re another establishment offering Thanksgiving dinner it was promptly taken off forum,I posted no link just mentioned the info appears on their facebook page.
Judging by the price at the Kinnaree this other business is about double in price for the same style sit down dinner so may not get many customers but it does have a lakeview setting :-"

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 24, 2013, 1:28 pm

ok, that explains that, as I was wonder the specifics :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually thought about getting their sunday turkey roast, freezing and nuking thursday, since a LPOS. BUT, even too lazy to make a special trip to town just for that. didn't know they had a planned bird day, though can't beat the setting if in 'romantic mode' :roll:

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 28, 2013, 4:06 am

3 establishments so far have been advertising their thanksgiving dinner,happy eating \:D/

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 28, 2013, 7:51 am

sadly for our americans this years thanksgiving seems to be a bit of a farce when it come to who is and who is not doing a dinner for thanks giving. me i do not have a large amount of american customers so i gave it a miss. but i am roasting turkey as i speak . just for a couple of small parties. last week complaints about too much advertising,this week no advertising leaving everyone in the dark. well never mind Happy thanksgiving anyway. hope you all find a nice dinner.
ps
look on papa farangs thread
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

aku
udonmap.com

Post by aku » November 28, 2013, 9:29 am

Regarding " My Thursday Thanksgiving Special " can someone tell me what restaurant this is ?......Thanks

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » November 28, 2013, 10:26 am

Sorry to see there's not more support for this wonderful holiday. It's one of my favorites, where long lost friends and family get together around the table for a big feast. Even all the "black sheep" of the family are allowed which usually leads to some "stimulating" conversation. Good football games, crisp fall weather, and the coming Christmas holiday are the perfect setting. But this is exclusively an American holiday and here in Udon there just are not many American run eateries. There have been some valiant attempts to try to accommodate us in the past with very mixed results. I saw the Kinnery's extensive menu list last year, 17 items if memory serves me, with what I thought was an unbelieavably low price of 300 baht. The thread was bombarded with comments about what an outrageously high price. TEN BUCKS. Defies all logic. We thought about doing something this year, but I quickly discarded the idea.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there! Come by our place today and I'll but you a drink and we can talk about some of our more memorable Thanksgiving dinners back home.

Bubba
Every day I wake up is a good day.

aku
udonmap.com

Post by aku » November 28, 2013, 10:36 am

Nice touch Dennis...you gotta miss it..I do....Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there !

Aku

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 28, 2013, 10:52 am

Jeremy from the BHC and others have organized a couple excellent TG Day and Xmas dinner parties and monthly get togethers. Well attended and appreciated by all. Google searches will bring up some festive get togethers. Not allowed to post links here.

Interest was expressed a little late this year, and with the 'fractioned' forums it does pose a challenge, as it's not the expat community it used to be. I'm sure, hopefully if Kinnaree is still going strong, next year may offer what is expected of a gathering. Though this year might not be to far off, as some will be there for sure this year.

School schedule and the others in the family not being turkey fans may effect my presence. I know a few will be there at 4 PM ish, I'll be late if attending.

All it takes is a small effort.........way too easy.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 28, 2013, 11:04 am

Aku.......

Tom .......that is BookHouse and Coffee Shop, and Kinnaree have Turkey dinner being served today. and Good Everything restaurant.

If I'm allowed, i'll send a PM

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”