Thailand's problem

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
nkstan
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by nkstan » January 21, 2014, 7:23 am

With all sides wrong, there can be no right

Looking at the protests against him today, Thaksin Shinawatra is perhaps wondering, "What did I do that was so wrong?" For those who do not know or pretend not to know, Thaksin was never anti-royal. In...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opin ... e-no-right. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by mortiboy » January 21, 2014, 8:53 am

Mai mee tahng !

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Khun Paul » January 21, 2014, 10:04 am

What makes me smile is that we ( the foreigners ) try to even begin to understand Thai politics,their thought processes are to my mind illogical, idiotic and downright daft, but then I am not a Thai , so I do not even begin to see the influence of culture, religion or even the attitude that would thwart any one with a degree of intelligence.
To me I do not agree nor do I condone the way they think and act over politics and politicians, but I would rather leave them to sort it out their way. To date is does not really impinge on my daily life , I do not have a vote and I pay minuscule tax, in fact there is nothing I can do about it in any event, apart from leave the country. So any discussion about Thai politics to me is a complete waste of time.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by stattointhailand » January 21, 2014, 1:08 pm

Khun Paul wrote:What makes me smile is that we ( the foreigners ) try to even begin to understand Thai politics,their thought processes are to my mind illogical, idiotic and downright daft, but then I am not a Thai , so I do not even begin to see the influence of culture, religion or even the attitude that would thwart any one with a degree of intelligence.
To me I do not agree nor do I condone the way they think and act over politics and politicians, but I would rather leave them to sort it out their way. To date is does not really impinge on my daily life , I do not have a vote and I pay minuscule tax, in fact there is nothing I can do about it in any event, apart from leave the country. So any discussion about Thai politics to me is a complete waste of time.
=D> =D>

Statts Problem ..... a or b

a) Trying to understand Thai Politics ............... Result = Headache
b) Polishing of bottle of Jack Daniels ................Result = Headache

Hmm decisions decisions :lol:

Harpo
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Harpo » January 21, 2014, 4:43 pm

[Khun Paul Wrote
To me I do not agree nor do I condone the way they think and act over politics and politicians, but I would rather leave them to sort it out their way. To date is does not really impinge on my daily life , I do not have a vote and I pay minuscule tax, in fact there is nothing I can do about it in any event, apart from leave the country. So any discussion about Thai politics to me is a complete waste of time.[/quote]

Khun Paul.....I agree with you 100%.....this is Thailand, they have their own Government, Parliament, Policies, and Politicians, Thai people have a democratic right to vote. We are guests in Thailand and therefore do not have those rights, and should act accordingly. So for the academic, self opinionated, champions of the world, I say chill out, and butt out of Thai politics IMO....:| :| :| ......cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by FrazeeDK » January 21, 2014, 7:20 pm

what? Butt out?? what would we underemployed or retired folks do if not to solve the problems of the world on this forum??
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by parrot » January 21, 2014, 7:36 pm

harpo:

"Thai people have a democratic right to vote. "

Not all Thai people agree with that opinion.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by stattointhailand » January 21, 2014, 7:54 pm

They all agree that it is "a democratic right to vote" Parrot, it's just that some believe it shouldn't count if you vote for the WRONG candidate again and again [-X

bumper
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by bumper » January 21, 2014, 8:29 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:what? Butt out?? what would we underemployed or retired folks do if not to solve the problems of the world on this forum??
Can someone please explain to me why this is not reflecting in the Thai Economy. Set no significant loss. Thai Baht first few months and now it's dead in it's tracks.

Reading the economic news I would expect the Politicians selling pencils on the street.

Foreigners left the market. But, not far from 1300. So who is buying.

Sorry guys. But, this one is really confusing me. What was it Spock said about logic :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by KHONDAHM » January 22, 2014, 5:24 am

1. It's not my country.
2. I have no vote.
3. I am a guest of the Kingdom.
4. Les majeste laws = no freedom of the press = no chance of knowing all the facts = silly to form or support a position or opinion.
5. My life continues normally regardless of what happens in Bangkok.

So, I really don't give a rats xss what happens for as long as I am able to live my life normally here in Udon. They can shoot each other, cheat each other, yell at each other, or continue to do whatever else they are allegedly doing to each other. Whenever I even start to THINK I care, I know there is a place called the United States of America where I can go to complain about Thailand's wackiness...and nobody there will give a rats xss either.

;)
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Barney
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Barney » January 22, 2014, 10:17 am

I normally wouldn't give a rats either personally but when you take your partner into the mix there are problems. My girl just went in to renew her passport in the Khon Kaen office and was told that the office is closed and she must go to Bangkok. Woman told her there at least a 1000 people doing the same thing now. Imagine the Kaos in that line up. She will wait till after the election date to see if the office opens so we can travel to Singapore march.
A heads up, If your family member is about to get a new passport or renew in the near future might be prudent to check the regional office where you live.

Harpo
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Harpo » January 22, 2014, 4:21 pm

parrot wrote:harpo:

"Thai people have a democratic right to vote. "

Not all Thai people agree with that opinion.
Hi Parrot sir.....In my post I said "Thai people have a democratic right to vote". That is a statement by me (be it right or wrong) It was not meant as an opinion sir, so sorry, I thought of all people you would of thought of that...... [-X [-X [-X ......cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

parrot
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by parrot » January 22, 2014, 4:40 pm

I guess we speak different languages. I've never been to australia, but will be sure to study up if I ever go there.

Barney
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Barney » January 22, 2014, 5:20 pm

And other have a right to get out of dodge when the fan is full of crap.

Part of the updated threat from Toyota.

Toyota is reportedly considering pulling its close to $610 million planned investment in Thailand if the country fails to stymie escalating anti-government tensions that have weighed heavily on its economy. The largest automaker in Thailand even threatened to cut production if the unrest continues.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 22, 2014, 5:21 pm

IMHO! Yes, the people have the right to vote and do so under what ever guises one can think of eg, paid enough too be swayed, real political beliefs etc.

RESPECT MY VOTE!

Suthep (No, his string pullers) thinks Isaan voters are morons, idiots without the intelligence to cast an informative vote. That is his platform, nothing will change in this country until CORRUPTION has been subdued.

This crap will go on for many years into the future. - Most of us will be dead and buried/burnt.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 22, 2014, 5:33 pm

And what KHONDAHM said!
So, I really don't give a rats xss what happens for as long as I am able to live my life normally here in Udon. They can shoot each other, cheat each other, yell at each other, or continue to do whatever else they are allegedly doing to each other. Whenever I even start to THINK I care, I know there is a place called the United States of America where I can go to complain about Thailand's wackiness...and nobody there will give a rats xss either.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Harpo
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Harpo » January 23, 2014, 2:09 am

parrot wrote:I guess we speak different languages. I've never been to australia, but will be sure to study up if I ever go there.
Parrot sir....I do hope one day you visit our country Australia (with a capital "A") however sarcastic people are not tolerated in Australia so you may find it difficult communicating....I think best for you stick to the good old US of A ,and was it Texas yoall come from huh......cheers harpo :D :D :D :
Great Southern Land

bumper
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by bumper » January 23, 2014, 9:46 am

Australia would be a wonderful place to visit,actually I have always wanted to go there. So would Texas if you enter with an open mind. Parrot Texas I don't think so. Lived a lot of years internationally. Fluent in Chinese and can read Thai got me beat by a long shot. I'm not from Texas but my entire family is, just people, usually very peaceful polite people till push them. So can we accept both places are made of dirt occupied by people with a sort of common language of English

Right now I think this is far past the right to vote. In perfect circumstances. Right to vote is the way to go.

Bush Jr, lost the popular vote. But, won the election, go figure.

This where I see things two very powerful groups, both wanting power. Neither really cares about the common man who casts that vote. Only that they win.

How far will they go, willing to turn this into a Syria to get that power. I don't know.

But, we may find out.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Harpo
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by Harpo » January 23, 2014, 2:28 pm

[quote="bumper"]Australia would be a wonderful place to visit,actually I have always wanted to go there.

Hi Bumper.....I am sure you would enjoy visiting Australia. The folks there I am sure would make you most welcome. Aussies are layed back, enjoy their sports, love a beer or 10, good humoured, fun loving folks, enjoy life in general...... :D :D :D

Sorry Bumper, cannot comment on politics for the moment, as I have already got myself in the sh*t with Mr Parrot (sir) already, gord darn it.... ;) ;) ;) .....have a nice day......cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

bumper
udonmap.com

Thailand's problem

Post by bumper » January 23, 2014, 3:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Open Forum”