In Udon soon with CV, anyone like to chat ?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 1:04 am

Hello Folks

This is a long shot but i am willing to try anything that might get me a contact or any info regarding expatriate work so that me and my thai wife can relocate permanently to our second home in Udon Thani.

I am a multi skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with 14 years experience covering the fish processing machinery sector and currently living and working at a waste to energy incinerator in the Shetland Islands.

Just thought i would let anyone who may be interested in speaking to me regarding any expatriate employment opportunities which would allow me to move to Thailand focusing on the engineering and maintenance sector in mining, oil and gas, ROV's, or any other industries relevant to my skills and experience.

My current plans are to do my universal offshore certs and also an Eng1 nautical medical in March then i will be focusing on getting a start in the Oil and Gas Industry.

So if you fancy a chat and a meet up for a few beers then give me shout.

Thanks

SJP17

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2014, 5:18 am

oilcareers.com have a job in KL..head of maintenance..job number j1102706

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 6:33 am

Thanks for the job link Maaka , but it has a minimum of 15 years oil and gas experience so a non starter for me

Cheers

SJP17

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2014, 6:36 am

rodger that..
well its another link for ya...
send them off a CV anyway, you never know..

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » January 26, 2014, 6:45 am

You may get lucky and get a start overseas but my opinion is you need to get that Oil and Gas experiance in the North Sea first, even if you have to go offshore on a drilling rig as a motorman (mechanic helper) to get your foot in the door, if your so keen to live an expat life in Thailand then you should try and get 1 year in and your chances of getting tax free expat salary/job overseas will increase. Ofcourse there is no harm in trying check out rigzone.com also, im forever getting emails from them offering work, right now in the world there are 222 new offshore rigs getting built

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 6:46 am

Good point , ill apply and you never know [-o<

At 34 ive had one too many Shetland winters , dark nites, severe gales , rain and sleet and snow at times !

Just hope our plane can get off tommorow strong winds forecasted and a twin prop plane to glasgow :-&

You fancy meeting up for a beer maaka ?

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2014, 6:59 am

as one islander to another, sure we can meet up sometime for a beer when I am back in the Land of Smiles..
love those windy plane rides in a 10 seater when the cloud is down to 500m and we are going over mountains..
the propeller flew off our little twin engine while in flight, and spun into the fuselage and ripped the door off..lucky no one was sitting in that seat as it would have cut thier legs off, and we were that high..that seat now is reserved for all visitors to the island..

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 7:06 am

Wow that was a hell of a lucky escape, amazed the pilot got her down ! Which island are you from ?

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 7:17 am

Thanks for the reply and advice Sakhonnick much appreciated.

I have my offshore certs booked and a few contacts to try, also applying for jobs at our local oil terminal and the total gas plant but its very hard to get your foot in the door, but hopefully something will turn for me soon :)

Do you still have that two cans of haggis for sale ?

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2014, 7:56 am

sorry was off mowing the ruddy lawn
Great Barrier Island
oh those BN2 Islander twin engined planes will fly on one engine no trouble..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 26, 2014, 8:53 am

Shell Oil used to own the Rayong Refinery about 1 hour south of Pattaya but I have a feeling PTT are now the major shareholders in the Plant ?
It might be worth contacting Shell.They have an office in Bangkok (Tel: 022490491).They could well know if there are any Maintenance Engineering jobs around over here.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 10:11 am

Thanks Zidane ill give that a try.

And as a gift to all the guys that replied, ill treat you two a tune by two legendary Shetland musicians =D>

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » January 26, 2014, 10:36 am

ive worked in the Shetlands before in Unst on the Radar Dome, was there in 1998 for Up Heli ah at the same time
spent a few nights in lerwick and managed to get a local lassie to entertain me for a few nights \:D/

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 10:58 am

The Unst radar dome is now decommissioned and Saxa ford is a holiday resort full of workers for the gas new plant !

Result to get your end away, nothing better as one on the hoof no strings attached :)

What about the haggis ?

croc
udonmap.com

Post by croc » January 26, 2014, 11:18 am

seek.com.au is always advertising - Africa, Asia, Mongolia.

Sepon Laos MMG just had a fire sale and laid off 70+ expats, give them some months and they will be re hiring for sure.

do you have ant previous Mining - Mineral Processing Experience or hands on training Nationals ? Plenty of work in Africa to cut your teeth and get the hours up, rosters vary but the coin is exceptional.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 12:01 pm

Thanks Croc , ill have a look at seek and apply, apply [-o<

70 laid off ! jesus is there anyone left ? or are the locals getting better or a mining down turn ?

this is another shetland musician posthumous fame though , a complete unkown to the music world only a few years ago ! the great Tammie Fraser , Enjoy :-"

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » January 26, 2014, 12:57 pm

This one's a shout out for Trubrit :) Take care

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 26, 2014, 1:20 pm

NZ is just about to be swamped by ship drilling rigs, to drill for offshore gas..
our government is opening up the doors to exploration, so will be jobs down this way coming online soonish..

ddavisksa
udonmap.com

Post by ddavisksa » January 26, 2014, 11:06 pm

Saudi Arabia is hiring and would be worth looking into

Return to “Open Forum”