Bill payment by Direct Debit

General Udon Thani topics only!
Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 12, 2014, 10:45 am

I only discovered a couple of days ago that I can pay my water, electricity and telephone/internet bills by direct debit. Get the form from the company, fill it in and get the bank to stamp it, take it back to the company. :D

Passing this on in case there are others who didn't know.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 12, 2014, 11:36 am

I don't think I'd trust a service provider in Thailand with direct access to my bank account!

I do pay a number of bills online through the KasikornBank Bill Pay service and with services (I use the term very loosly) like TrueVisions, which have a set rate, can be scheduled - easy.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » February 12, 2014, 3:01 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:I don't think I'd trust a service provider in Thailand with direct access to my bank account!

I do pay a number of bills online through the KasikornBank Bill Pay service and with services (I use the term very loosly) like TrueVisions, which have a set rate, can be scheduled - easy.
Bonanza wrote:I only discovered a couple of days ago that I can pay my water, electricity and telephone/internet bills by direct debit. Get the form from the company, fill it in and get the bank to stamp it, take it back to the company. :D

Passing this on in case there are others who didn't know.
Being doing it this way for a number of years, works like a dream and get an SMS alert when the bill has been paid.
No problems whatsoever.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 13, 2014, 12:32 pm

Am I able to set up an automatic payment from my Thai bank account to my wife's? I have Krung Thai and Siam Commercial accounts (from when I lived in Udon). How do I do this? Just fill out a form next time I'm in Thailand? The bank fees are probably negligible.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » February 13, 2014, 4:55 pm

GT93 wrote:Am I able to set up an automatic payment from my Thai bank account to my wife's? I have Krung Thai and Siam Commercial accounts (from when I lived in Udon). How do I do this? Just fill out a form next time I'm in Thailand? The bank fees are probably negligible.
Have you thought about transfers thro internet banking, I know Kasikorn is easy to set up and can fix it for 12 mths regular payments.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2014, 10:56 pm

Been Paying my Electric Bill by Direct debit through Krung Thai Bank for YEARS, NO Problem hatsoever....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”