TRICARE INSURANCE AT BANKOK UDON HOSPITAL

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
LESSOR
udonmap.com

Post by LESSOR » February 20, 2014, 9:18 am

For those Americans with TRICARE Insurance, it is good to know that TRICARE will accept claims submitted by the Bangkok Udon Hospital for inpatient care. You will pay 25% of the total bill when you leave the hospital and the hospital will submit the clain to TRICARE for the remaining 75%. If you have TRICARE, it is best to register with the hospital now so that if you have an emergency later on, the preliminary paperwork (i.e. TRICARE CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY) is already done. You can contact Kurt Lunstrum at the Bangkok Udon Hospital Int'l desk at 042-343-111 ext. 1450 for more info. I recently spent six days there for multiple fracture hip surgery. I was well taken care of by the doctors and staff. It was so good that they perpare all the paperwork for the TRICARE reimbursement. I had to do it myself at another hospital about two years ago when I had eye surgery and believe me, it's a headache. If you wish to talk to me, call me at 083-28-0458 and I will be happy to give you further advice.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » February 21, 2014, 4:37 am

Thanks for the update, nice to know.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 21, 2014, 11:59 pm

LESSOR, It would be nice if there was an update on whether TRICARE accepted the billing from Udon Bangkok hospital as according to JUSTMAG Thailand web page only active duty personnel are authorized to have this option.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » March 22, 2014, 7:17 am

**TRICARE Overseas Standard pretty much accepts claims from any hospital if it's paid in full**

Recently, through the local VFW's efforts coordinating with Bangkok hospital, the hospital now accepts TRICARE and VA FMP.

Basically, the way it works is... you pay 25% of the bill to the hospital and the hospital bills the total cost directly to TRICARE. This is ONLY for inpatient procedures and no claims are required by the patient. TRICARE claims are still required for outpatient procedures.

For VA FMP (service related disabilities) it's no cost to the patient for inpatient procedures and the hospital bills FMP directly.

More info here...

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/t ... 29621.html

or contact Kurt Lunstrum, International Insurance Officer, Bangkok Hospital, Udon, 042-345-044

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 22, 2014, 8:33 am

Noted that Bangkok hospital says they accept Tricare, my question was and still is did Tricare pay the bill from Bangkok Hospital in Udon.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » March 22, 2014, 9:30 am

Stantheman wrote:Noted that Bangkok hospital says they accept Tricare, my question was and still is did Tricare pay the bill from Bangkok Hospital in Udon.

Bangkok Hospital does not offer 100% DIRECT BILLING as Active Duty personnel. Retirees still have to pay 25% of the bill, but it's paid to the hospital and the hospital submits a claim for the balance.

LESSOR
udonmap.com

Post by LESSOR » March 22, 2014, 11:48 am

Stantheman wrote:LESSOR, It would be nice if there was an update on whether TRICARE accepted the billing from Udon Bangkok hospital as according to JUSTMAG Thailand web page only active duty personnel are authorized to have this option.

Because I didn't know that Bangkok Udorn accepted TRICARE, I paid up front to the hospital. After a few days, I discovered that they did. I am waiting to complete my post-op visits before I submit my claim to TRICARE. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Return to “Health & Beauty”