Udon Thani Race Course

General Udon Thani topics only!
macanello

Udon Thani Race Course

Post by macanello » February 27, 2014, 12:00 pm

I am new to Udon and would like very much to go horse racing. Can anyone give me any info on the race course here please. Prices, times, etc. I have looked at their website but it is 2 years out of date.

Thanks

Macanello

Svein66
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Race Course

Post by Svein66 » February 27, 2014, 12:59 pm

I think there are races every Saturday, but I haven`t been there for more than a year...

Martyn
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Race Course

Post by Martyn » February 27, 2014, 6:23 pm

The racing is every Saturday except on big Buddhist Days, then the meeting is held on a Sunday. Entrance is free and there are ten races starting at 12:30 and the last one at 17:00. Betting is via the on course Tote and there are plenty of snack and drink stalls at great prices. Off the top of my head, a can of Beer Chang is 35 baht. A day at the races in Udon is a wonderful experience and one I'd recommend to anyone visiting the city. There's plenty of car parking spaces too.

dougmatelot

Udon Thani Race Course

Post by dougmatelot » February 28, 2014, 11:23 am

I second the reply under; although it's a couple of years old, situation is the same now. Great day out for the whole family.
No entrance fee; free parking. Now you don't get a better deal than that. When I go, I arrive after the first race say 12.45; and leave well after the last race; so missing all the melee of the whole crowd moving at once. Relax and enjoy yourself; and watch the Thais go crazy cheering their selection home!! (minimum bet is 20bhts; mainly forecasts; track is horse shoe shaped; 1000/1100metres; bit like dog racing in UK)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”