Work Permit

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by Udonhoward » March 8, 2014, 1:56 pm

Does anyone know if I need a work permit if I'm self-employed, working part time at home, tutoring?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by merchant seaman » March 8, 2014, 2:27 pm

Yes you do. But only if you get caught. Like if a disgrnted student turns you in
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by dezzer » March 8, 2014, 4:08 pm

Would not risk it Howard, to many people would be ready to turn you in thinking you are making money from it,also the Seaman is correct what he said about disgruntled Thais, just a bit of friendly advice. :D
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

GT93
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by GT93 » March 9, 2014, 12:59 am

And watch out for neighbours, farang acquaintances and Udon Map readers. The other views is that many thousands of people have done this without trouble for years.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Udon Map
Admin

Work Permit

Post by Udon Map » March 9, 2014, 1:27 am

merchant seaman wrote:Yes you do. But only if you get caught. Like if a disgrnted student turns you in
However, if you do get caught, it's verrry unpleasant. Happened to someone I know. (He was turned in by a disgruntled former girlfriend who was looking for revenge. Long story.) He was imprisoned in the Udon Thani prison for three days before being transferred to the main prison in Bangkok where he spent 2½ weeks. He was then deported back to the U.S. at his own cost. He spent all that time in prison in Bangkok because it took him that long to raise the money for a plane ticket back to the U.S.

GT93
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by GT93 » March 9, 2014, 1:30 am

The old dilemma - a small chance of being caught but a very harsh penalty.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by Udonhoward » March 10, 2014, 9:16 am

Thanks for all the quick replies. I"m convinced, I'll put my tutoring career on hold for a while. I didn't move to Thailand just to be deported back to the U.S.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by rickfarang » March 11, 2014, 1:02 am

Udonhoward wrote:....I'll put my tutoring career on hold for a while. I didn't move to Thailand just to be deported back to the U.S.
Smart reasoning!

panick
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by panick » March 12, 2014, 2:28 am

Just for those of you who are interested ...
A non immigrant 'B' type 1yr. work visa is ฿1800/yr. (issued at Udon immigration) if supported by a Work permit issued at the labour office (฿3100/yr.) when supported with the correct documentation. 8)
Bring back Saint

Firfox
udonmap.com

Work Permit

Post by Firfox » March 12, 2014, 8:28 pm

Just a little more information to add to what panick gave you. In order to get a work permit a company will have to apply for you on your behalf. The company must have 2 million baht in assets. the company also needs to employ four Thais to every foreigner they wish to employ. The company also needs top pay social security for you and you need to pay 7% social security as well.

beerBear

Work Permit

Post by beerBear » September 17, 2014, 11:35 am

panick wrote:Just for those of you who are interested ...
A non immigrant 'B' type 1yr. work visa is ฿1800/yr. (issued at Udon immigration) if supported by a Work permit issued at the labour office (฿3100/yr.) when supported with the correct documentation. 8)
is there an age and work exp. minimum margin required according to "new" rules required for the work permit and/or non-imig. type B visa?

my employer told me that there is a min. age reqmnt of 25/27 yrs of age and 5 yrs of prev. work ex. according to recent updated rules

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”