TOT Call Center

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

TOT Call Center

Post by parrot » April 5, 2014, 2:55 pm

For some strange reason, I was able to connect to my TOT ADSL via wifi on my iPad today, but could not on my desktop. I tried a wide variety of desktop troubleshooting without success. Then I googled possible solutions via my iPad, again without success. Modem reset, wires changed, rebooted desktop/modem etc etc etc.....nothing. When nothing worked, I figured an internal organ in my desktop had failed after 5ish years of working fine.
Before I gave up the ghost, I called TOT Call Center at 1100, 9 for English, then spoke to a woman who took me through a multitude of troubleshooting steps. When the first few attempts failed, I thought she'd tell me to take my desktop in for resuscitation....but she told me to hold the line....came back on a few minutes later and took me through another reboot/reenter password cycle. All in perfect technical English. Lights camera action....all back to normal.
I asked her about the call center. She said there are 7 people on her shift who work the English section (for the country).
I've made a note to add this service to the list of things that I like about this country.....along with 25 Baht a kilo green onions. 5 baht a handful of mint, and a 40 baht plate of yamwunsen.....among many other things.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

TOT Call Center

Post by Allen A Hale » April 5, 2014, 10:02 pm

Always great to see credit given where it is deserved albeit too often a surprise. Thanks for sharing.

tutone
udonmap.com

TOT Call Center

Post by tutone » April 6, 2014, 2:32 pm

After 4 days with no internet from TOT and repeated calls to the call center (1100) to send a technician to restore the service, I finally just cancelled my account and got connected with 3BB the next day. The lady I talked to was indeed polite, spoke good English, etc., but in this case TOT call center was not very helpful. The thing that bothered me was she never could give an idea about when a service man would come. Always, "will call you back." They never did.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”