Foreign Currency Deposit

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
kopkei
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by kopkei » April 6, 2014, 11:23 am

as info, for any one wanting to open a foreign currency account , these are the terms at kasikornbank.. ;)
http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal ... count.aspx

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by jackspratt » April 6, 2014, 11:29 am

kop, this would seem to count the vast majority of us out:
Eligible Customers:

Foreign nationals permitted having permanent residence in Thailand
The Ban Dung branch was uninterested when I asked a few weeks ago.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by semperfiguy » April 6, 2014, 12:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:kop, this would seem to count the vast majority of us out:
Eligible Customers:

Foreign nationals permitted having permanent residence in Thailand
The Ban Dung branch was uninterested when I asked a few weeks ago.
If I were a guessing man I would say that this is simply a mistake in translation to English. They probably meant to imply that anyone with an Immigrant or Non-Immigrant O-A type visa would qualify.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by kopkei » April 6, 2014, 12:14 pm

yes i know jack , i was looking into this and at scb they have same as kasikorn , bangkok bank however not ..
http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/ ... fault.aspx
so i am thinking at scb and kasikorn , it will be wrong translation as sfg also mentioned ...
will update this after my visit at the bank...look also at the fee charged to deposit or withdraw money from this account... ;)

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by semperfiguy » April 6, 2014, 12:18 pm

kopkei wrote:yes i know jack , i was looking into this and at scb they have same as kasikorn , bangkok bank however not ..
http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/ ... fault.aspx
so i am thinking at scb and kasikorn , it will be wrong translation as sfg also mentioned ...
will update this after my visit at the bank...look also at the fee charged to withdraw money from this account... ;)
I remember reading on the BKK Bank website that they charge the customer 1% to keep his money in the account. Seems that there were also fees for withdrawal, but better consult the website.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Foreign Currency Deposit

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 6, 2014, 3:45 pm

jackspratt wrote: The Ban Dung branch was uninterested when I asked a few weeks ago.
How long did you have to wait for your number to be called before getting the negative response? That branch MUST be the worst of any bank I have dealt with - ANYWHERE!

That's why I opened my account in Udon back in the days where we had no choice. Other than the Government bank it was the only one in town with the only ATM (one) that rarely worked. They were unfriendly toward Farang then and still are.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”