David Mackay in Udon Hospital

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » April 23, 2014, 1:00 pm

In case anyone knows him (I don't), I understand that a Canadian guy by the name of David J Mackay is in Udon Thani Government hospital's trauma unit, with a punctured lung and possibly head injuries. A friend visited him yesterday and said he was quite unwell and didn't seem to have any support. The friend is contacting the Canadian Embassy to advise them of the situation.

I understand he normally lives or stays in Nong Khai.

If anyone knows him, I am sure he would welcome a visit and any support.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 23, 2014, 1:08 pm

I don't know him and I am in Canada right now but my wife is in So phisai, I will ask her to make a trip there to see if there is anything we can do to help.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 23, 2014, 2:13 pm

good on ya jai yen yen...
I wonder if he has family in Thailand, and if they know he is actually there in Hospital..
did he go off on a motorbike and have an accident, and hit is head and never return home, or what..

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 28, 2014, 12:37 pm

My wife contacted the hospital and they said David Mackay was there in 2013, no one there by that name now.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » April 28, 2014, 10:52 pm

Thank you for your efforts jai yen yen. My information came from an Australian restauranteur who visited him. He told me he was in Udon Thani Government hospital, in the trauma unit.

His full name, as per his passport, is David James Mackay (the hospital provided a photocopy). I don't suppose they have him registered as David James?? (I often get addressed by my second forename in banks and hospitals).

I heard yesterday that he is going to be transferred to Canada, though I don't know when or how.

(I understand it was as a result of a motorcycle accident.)

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 29, 2014, 2:49 am

arjay wrote:Thank you for your efforts jai yen yen. My information came from an Australian restauranteur who visited him. He told me he was in Udon Thani Government hospital, in the trauma unit.

His full name, as per his passport, is David James Mackay (the hospital provided a photocopy). I don't suppose they have him registered as David James?? (I often get addressed by my second forename in banks and hospitals).

I heard yesterday that he is going to be transferred to Canada, though I don't know when or how.

(I understand it was as a result of a motorcycle accident.)
Yes, it could have been a different hospital or a different spelling of the name. I hope he is alright,figured it was a motorbike accident.

Smily66

Post by Smily66 » October 22, 2014, 7:32 am

I know this guy as he was my ex that took off to Thailand for a better life than here in Canada. He is apparently back in Canada living with his elderly mother in Selkirk manitoba.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 22, 2014, 4:53 pm

well there ya go..threw it all away for a dream, came a cropper, and now back with Ma..least he's above ground I guess..
thanks smily66 for the update

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 22, 2014, 5:06 pm

And there was me thinking it was the famous Scottish footballer :shock: ,enjoy your retirement in Canada 8)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2014, 5:32 pm

pomps wrote:And there was me thinking it was the famous Scottish footballer :shock: ,enjoy your retirement in Canada 8)
Blimey pomps, he'd even make some of Udons (and even NK's) finest look like spring chickens :lol:

Return to “Nong Khai”