BKK licence plate in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 10, 2014, 2:50 pm

If I buy a motorbike in BKK with BKK plates, do I have to de-register it in BKK, and then re-register it in Udon with Udon plates..??

I just remember someone saying in another thread that you had to go back to where the motor was registered...I dont want to haul the bike to Udon, only to have to return, if you know what I mean...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2014, 4:00 pm

When I purchased my second car (about 6 yrs ago) my misses said she didn't want Udon plates. At the time cars with Udon plates were being "scratched and damaged" in some other parts of Thailand, so the dealer arranged for the car to be registered in BKK and put BKK plates on it (took an extra week to do). Drove it all over the country for about 4 years and nobody ever queried the fact that it had BKK plates or registration.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 10, 2014, 4:39 pm

Yeah, You see BKK Plates EVERYWHERE you go in Thailand,& I'm Bloody sure they don't ALL Live in BKK.....Have seen Hundreds if not Thousands of BKK Plates here in Nong-Khai over the years I've been here...

As Statts says I Don't think it matters where the vehicle is registered, So long as it is taxed correctly, I Don't think you have a problem..Maaka..

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 10, 2014, 6:19 pm

Thanks Fella's for the comments..
just wanted to run it past you guys to see if there was any hidden problems..

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 10, 2014, 6:46 pm

But you will have to go to Bangkok every year to renew the registration.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 10, 2014, 7:30 pm

I don't know if the rules have changed......but when we first moved here and bought a truck.....had it registered in Nongharn...and my wife had to renew registration there. PITA. That ended when she changed her house registration to Udon.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » May 10, 2014, 7:36 pm

I purchased my pick up new in Bangkok three years ago. It came with Bangkok license plates. My bluebook has my Udon address in it. I've always paid the registration in Udon.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 10, 2014, 7:44 pm

merchant seaman wrote:But you will have to go to Bangkok every year to renew the registration.
Not True MS... :shock:

tomboy
udonmap.com

Post by tomboy » May 10, 2014, 8:46 pm

MS.You are totally wrong.I have BKK plates on my car and have never had any problem renewing the car tax here in UDONTHANI.Amases me how many people here post incorrect information.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 10, 2014, 9:12 pm

I bought my truck in Chonburi province in 2004. I have lived in Loei province for about ten years and have never had a problem renewing my registration here.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 10, 2014, 9:43 pm

bought our truck in Bangkok in July of 2011.. Have renewed the tax registration twice here in Udon. The tax document has our Udon address. The land transport folks tells us "no problem" with having BKK plates but that if we want to change the plate to Udon "can do" but it'll take a while.. So, we left the KrungThepMahaNakorn plates on it.
Dave

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 10, 2014, 10:34 pm

When I drove my Phuket registered car around Udon and Nong Khai, I would frequently get stopped by the police (they saw Phuket on the number plate & sometimes commented on it). However, in the 4+ years since moving to Nong Khai and re-registering the car in Nong Khai, I have very rarely been stopped.

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » May 11, 2014, 1:11 pm

I have been driving around Udon , Nongkhai, and Sibunreaung for about 3 years and have been stopped on quite a few times , seldom for a good reason and never once did they comment on my Phuket no. plates .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 11, 2014, 1:59 pm

my friend whom bought my pickup with nongbualamphu plate was told with registration in khon kaen where he lives ,that he had to change to khon kaen plates as this is another chanwat...., and all car or motorbike taxes are payable in any transportation office (khonsong) in the country....same go's for getting a drivers license... ;)

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 11, 2014, 2:37 pm

as the OP I am grateful for all the comments
It is always good to have a number of opinions, so one can decide a way forward, even for a number plate.,.
Koopkun kap

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 12, 2014, 6:24 am

merchant seaman wrote:But you will have to go to Bangkok every year to renew the registration.
Definitely not! A friend has had his Phuket registered vehicle up here for 11 years now and been able to renew at Nong Han (Ban Dung residence normally use this office) with no problems.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 12, 2014, 11:02 am

No ,

that's the benefit of having a BKK registered car, U can pay for it in any province as well as sell it at any province

My last 2 cars as well as the one im getting now, have been BKK and will be BKK numbers, for that reason

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”