New drivers test renewals included

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2014, 3:52 pm

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 30, 2014, 4:26 pm

Is this for first time licence Thais or Falang as well. I just got my car and bike license and did nothing. Except pay for it.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2014, 4:31 pm

Well the way it reads to me Yes. How it is applied remains to be seen.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 5, 2014, 3:08 pm

It would seem 90% of people taking the written test are failing.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/05/e ... iving-test

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 5, 2014, 4:23 pm

Its no surprise they are failing, I hope the aspiring bus and truck drivers are put through the test and the under table payments cease.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 5, 2014, 6:05 pm

That's amazing...90% of takers are failing the new test! The test is actually online in the 30 question format, but the questions on the new test are randomly pulled from the same pool of questions as those online. My wife just paid for driver's training at Smart Drive and got "under the wire" before the test questions went from 30 to 50. She got online and practiced taking the test over and over again until she was scoring 100% each time. With the test available online there's absolutely no reason why anyone should fail. Go figure!

http://apps.dlt.go.th/driving_hp/ELearn ... rning2.swf
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » June 5, 2014, 8:28 pm

Well, I wonder if we ever have to do this test in english later on. On my first trial with 30 questions I got only 25 due to misunderstandings with their 'english'. And one question even got me stumped: a round sign in solid blue with a 30 in it means:

a) The maximum speed limit is 30 kilometers per hour.

b) The minimum speed limit is 30 kilometers per hour.

Correct to their thinking is a). But then it should be white with a red circle on the outside. IMHO that sign says vehicles have to drive at a speed of at least 30 km/h, so b) would be correct.

But it's true that this test online allows you to easily pass it.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 6, 2014, 3:26 am

Most questions were easy, but some of the questions are ambiguous. Maybe 2 answers were good, but only one was correct .... :-k . got 23 first time but the thai worded signs were a bit of guess work (mainly right). 2nd time got 29.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 6, 2014, 6:36 am

26 correct,pass rate is 23.some questions amibiguous but nevertheless everything is there for the Thais to practice,no entry sign question must confuse a lot of them,going up a road the wrong way is engrained in Udonsfolk thinking :shock:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 7, 2014, 8:05 am

Ok guys not the same test as prior to to June 2, Now it's 50 questions taken from a base of 300 and they can have question drawn form a base of 1,000. The questions are computer generated and can change each time. So much harder then we have seen in the past.

I'm wondering if they will list the questions in English, for study purposes. If the do you can bet I will do the study before taking the test. One question for example what is the maximum you can park from the curb. I know in my home State that is 18 Inches. no clue what it is here.

Will they have an English version to give the test to us. I don't know as of yet. I think I have renew my five year next year. I will do the best I can to study for the test, just in case. I noticed things I didn't know a the color of a speed sign can determine maximum of the least amount of speed required. I don't know about the rest of you. But, I didn't know that.

The real question is how it will be applied. Smart drive is located not far from our house when things settle down I will visit them and find out what I really need to do if anything. with a 90% fail ratio, I think it is to soon to ask those questions. A I read it it will apply to renewals as well, so something to think about.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 7, 2014, 6:52 pm

This is the site of the new test examples there are several teats listed that you can take. I took one of he Motorcycle tests I been licensed and riding here for 12 years. I failed my practice test. It went into things I have never seen before.

I book marked mine so I can over the tests before I take the exam

http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/take ... e-practice

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 7, 2014, 7:25 pm

According to one answer on the very unofficial website at http://pantip.com/topic/30276817, the distance cannot exceed 25cm.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 8, 2014, 8:31 am

The practice one I took had a CPR question in it, go figure

I will keep chipping away at it, thus far that is the only example I have found.

There seems o be confusion as to whether the test will have to be taken at renewal. But, that is how it reads to me in the article. I checked my renewal I have a year left. Hopefully things will be more clear by then.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 8, 2014, 10:22 am

renewals do not have to do any written test , only 3 small practical tests ,color blindness, depth perception , and brake test , nothing more nothing less , and yes look movie 1 hour... ;)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 8, 2014, 5:32 pm

That would be great. I haven't watched a movie yet I don't remember a depth perception test. I will be working on my 3 rd five year renewal. The law only went into effect on June 2 2014. Did you take the test after June 2, 2014?

With the current failure rate I think there will be some adjustments, over time. I still have over a year before I have to renew. So if I need to study in the end so be it, I don't mind. As long as there is a source to study from.

Hopefully you are right.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 9, 2014, 9:09 am

i did not yet renew mine as i am due next year also for my 3th five year renewal same as you ...
butt i have a friend whom just did a few day's ago ..so don't worry the changes are only for new applicants...
and also here for farang , if you have your international drivers license , you also do not have to do any written test .. ;)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 9, 2014, 9:17 am

Thanks that is reassuring

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”