Coming to live in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by Hammerheads » June 10, 2014, 12:32 pm

Hi really cant wait for next adventure in my life. Bought a couple of hectares in the near countryside. Whilst building our house I'm keen to build network of new friends. So where do all the good people hang out around Udon?

Thanks

socksy
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by socksy » June 11, 2014, 7:45 am

Get involved in a sport initially like Golf/Football if you play. There are threads on here about Golf section and a Football team
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by semperfiguy » June 11, 2014, 8:52 am

Wow, that was a loaded question. I'd say most of us are scratching our heads to figure out if we know any good people! \:D/ :confused:

Try this link for the venues for the breakfasts meetings on Mon, Wed and Fri. Blue Orchid is closed now for three months, so we will be meeting at Irish Clock this Friday. By then the website should be updated.

http://www.udonexpatsclub.com/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by Svein66 » June 11, 2014, 9:04 am

socksy wrote:Get involved in a sport initially like Football if you play.
Anf if don`t play football, but like to watch: :D

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/u ... 32591.html

boes
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by boes » June 11, 2014, 10:46 am

Join this Thai class starting soon at the university in Udon:
http://splashurl.com/k5nt5p7

pomps
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by pomps » June 11, 2014, 11:09 am

Thought there was a Lawn Bowling Club in Udon :-k should get many opportunities there for a chinwag 8)

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by Aardvark » June 11, 2014, 1:35 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Wow, that was a loaded question. I'd say most of us are scratching our heads to figure out if we know any good people! \:D/ :confused:

Try this link for the venues for the breakfasts meetings on Mon, Wed and Fri. Blue Orchid is closed now for three months, so we will be meeting at Irish Clock this Friday. By then the website should be updated.

Speak for yourself SFG, I personally know a good number of fine People in Udon .....

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by merchant seaman » June 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

Really depends what your interests are. If you are looking for a place to have a few drinks and meet some folks the Sports Bar would be a good place to start as will the soon to open Tap & Bottle Top. Los Amigos another nice place for a meal and a few drinks to meet some folks.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

747man
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by 747man » June 11, 2014, 2:12 pm

Aardvark wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:Wow, that was a loaded question. I'd say most of us are scratching our heads to figure out if we know any good people! \:D/ :confused:

Speak for yourself SFG, I personally know a good number of fine People in Udon .....
But Mark, He said a number of GOOD People, NOT a good number of people... :lol: :lol:

dezzer
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by dezzer » June 11, 2014, 2:22 pm

Hammerhead where are you dis-locating from ?
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

maaka
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by maaka » June 11, 2014, 2:57 pm

yeahhh, what are ya ??

dingdong
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by dingdong » June 11, 2014, 3:35 pm

You are allowed to "Call a Friend" or "Use the 50/50"
Why they want to know is beyond me
Welcome to Udon
Bubba's is a great place to meet people, and other places that have been suggested so far

Good Luck
Ding

boes
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by boes » June 11, 2014, 7:59 pm

I really think that a new member on this forum should be welcomed with better and more welcoming manners !!!
Not all of us here are Viet vets....And some us might be slightly younger..
Just my 5 Bath.... :(

Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by Hammerheads » June 11, 2014, 10:44 pm

Hey, thank you so much for your responses, been offline for a day or two.

Socksy - Football sounds a bit too energetic in 35 degree heat so i'll give that one a miss. Played lots of rugby and football in my life already. Got a bug for golf now so that seems to be a good option. Mind you, only saw a few 9 hole courses within a reasonable distance from my land - are there any nice 18 holers up there?

Semperfiguy - I've been to Udon about 6 or 7 times and I didn't find it too difficult locating a few good 'ens. I know what you mean and heard plenty last year about Western style Mafia descending on Udon, hence the loaded question! Ta for the link. There are good and not so good people everywhere, I think the trick is finding the former and avoiding the latter.

Aardvark - (actually that name always reminds me of the Blackadder sketch when they've burnt Dr Johnsons draft dictionary, did you see it? - Blackadder exclaims to Prince George: "Aardvark, your highness, can't you see that, it's a bloody aardvark"

Hope to meet up with some good people in Udon!

Hope noboby takes this the wrong way but I'm not into the whole "Brits abroad" scene. I hear lots of people complaining in England about foreigners and the fact that a lot don't mix in. So, i'll be learning the lingo and integrating cos I don't wish to be looked upon the same way.

Dezzer/Maaka - I'm a coming from near Bath, southwest England.

Wife is in love with my dog, so got no choice, gotta bring the little rascal. I think his flight is more expensive than ours! Looking to arrive early December.

Thanks all :D

maaka
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by maaka » June 12, 2014, 4:34 am

Oh welcome welcome welcome dear Hammerheads..so wonderful that a new member seeks to come spoon with us..
Indeed, it is a momentous occassion and apparently calls for the red carpet treatment, and much grovelling..

Forgive dear Hammers, but it appears I have ruffled afew of my fellow members standards, in the way we are to welcome such fine gentlenmen as yourself..However sir, you will see, or perhaps you already have that I approach this forum in a lighthearted manner, which appears to have no center, and my compass do not always point north..

However let me explain for explaining sake , that my earlier glib cut to the chase remark, was intented to preen some further information from you as to where you hail from, and further, what takes your fancy, so then I could ascertain whether I might have something in common with you, and therefore in the future we might become chums..so, ' what are ya ' ???

enough grovelling..

and Boes, if you are going to sit in the wings, and only stick your head out to whinge ever now and then, then at least welcome the dude in the manner you so want...walk the walk brother..
I see you are in my part of the woods, so I will look forward to bumping into you on the street..

Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by Hammerheads » June 12, 2014, 1:33 pm

Cool response dude!

dezzer
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by dezzer » June 12, 2014, 2:13 pm

Do I detect animosity here ?

dezzer
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by dezzer » June 12, 2014, 2:16 pm

Who's bitchin. ?

thrilled
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by thrilled » June 13, 2014, 4:19 am

I've met some nice people at Irish Clock over the years.

yianik
udonmap.com

Coming to live in Udon

Post by yianik » June 13, 2014, 6:01 am

if your looking to die pal udons the place to be die of boredom that is not a place for a 45to 50 year old lol still some life in ya yet half the geezers here are pushing 70 lol

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”