Building Restrictions

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by Hammerheads » June 15, 2014, 11:59 pm

When we bought chanote land I thought we could literally build what we wanted to. Not sure its as relaxed as I've been led to believe. Are there restrictions or planning processes to follow, before I stick a spade in the ground?

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by thaiguzzi » June 16, 2014, 9:16 am

If inside a town, yes. If out in the sticks, no.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by trubrit » June 16, 2014, 9:26 am

Where ever you are the building plan must be submitted for the approval of the local Tessabahn. In some cases it is displayed on the notice board outside for possible objectors to view for 28days .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by Khun Paul » June 16, 2014, 11:51 am

No permission NO BUILD, pretty simple really we may think we are in a Third world country, but trust me we are not.

parrot
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by parrot » June 16, 2014, 2:34 pm

This is sort of like asking "what are the procedures for renewing a visa" or "how is TOT versus 3BB internet". Responses will vary widely.

I live 18km outside the city, but within the city limits. When we built out home 18 years ago, my wife mentioned the plans with the village chief and that's as far as it went. Last year added a 450sq ft bungalow behind out home....hired a village builder to do the work. I asked him if it was necessary to notify the tetsabahn.......his answer was no. We built....and 9 months later, no problems.
That's our experience....18 years ago and 1 year ago.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by pf-flyer » June 16, 2014, 3:03 pm

We live about 30 Kilometers east of Udon Thani. The village population is about 300. The Village leader helped us at times with the build. No Permits, No restrictions, Two electrical inspections ( The temp electric meter to do the build and then the final electric meter) . The only inspections that we had to deal with were the electrical service inspections by PEA. They will not install the electric meter without an inspection. IMO the restrictions enforcement are dependent on where you decide to build. The house number is issued by the Village leader. When we registered our new house address at the Amphurs office in Nong Han the items that were required were a picture of the front of the house and a picture of the back of the house, My wife signed some paperwork, The village leader as a witness, and two other witnesses. The Amphur then issued my wife a Blue Book of her own with our new address.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by FrazeeDK » June 16, 2014, 4:27 pm

We live within Muang Udon 3km outside the ring road on the east side. We have two "permitted" houses on our land.. One small one built in 2003, one large one built in 2007.. The permitting process was fairly simple with a simple building layout diagram which also indicated septic tank locations. The permit for the 2003 house was facilitated by our Village chief. The one in 2007 was completed by the contractor who coincidentally works at the Nong Bua Tessaban. I don't recall that it cost much for either of them.. As to whether someone would suffer repercussions for a building built without the proper permits from the Tessaban, that remains to be seen.. Why take the risk when it appears to be a pretty simple process. I believe it is also linked with the property tax on the land but even with the proper permits showing the houses our total annual property tax is less than 300 baht..
Dave

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by kubotatim » June 16, 2014, 4:31 pm

Where I live you just do it, nothing else is done, no inspection for the electrical meter, just pay the 700 baht for it and away you go.

Hammerheads
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by Hammerheads » June 16, 2014, 7:47 pm

Thanks sounds like any requirements are likely to be local. Will check with some locals who have built more recently.

Anybody live out in the sticks near Baan Chiang Phin on the road to Kut Chap?

maaka
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by maaka » June 30, 2014, 2:46 pm

my wee woman wanted me to design, via the App I am now using, the inside of the bedroom so she could see what it would look like when finished..so I just threw in some windows and a door, a bed, chest of draws, curtains etc etc...she didnt say much, which was unusual, so next day I rearranged it again, and this time she was happy...

she reminded me that across the road from our land, hidden back from the road, is the local crematorium, and she went on to explain that Isaan people, well her and her family at least, would not sleep with their heads facing the crematorium, or sleep facing to the West..its a cultural thing....so there are more building restrictions than just in the building code...hahaha

fatbob
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by fatbob » June 30, 2014, 4:32 pm

...and they won't sleep with there heads facing the bathroom.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by Stantheman » June 30, 2014, 8:49 pm

On my house remodel wife has bed headboard on wall adjoining living room area where TV being place. Asked her to move to opposite wall, no can do as that is west wall. Her solution make wall double brick thick and put TV on other side of room. AS Maaka say there are many building restrictions that are not part of any building code.

Owld Feller
udonmap.com

Building Restrictions

Post by Owld Feller » July 2, 2014, 5:39 pm

maaka wrote:my wee woman wanted me to design, via the App I am now using, the inside of the bedroom so she could see what it would look like when finished..so I just threw in some windows and a door, a bed, chest of draws, curtains etc etc...she didnt say much, which was unusual, so next day I rearranged it again, and this time she was happy...

she reminded me that across the road from our land, hidden back from the road, is the local crematorium, and she went on to explain that Isaan people, well her and her family at least, would not sleep with their heads facing the crematorium, or sleep facing to the West..its a cultural thing....so there are more building restrictions than just in the building code...hahaha
That is the sort of info' I'm hoping to get on my thread, in addition to places to visit etc.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 85-15.html

I want to understand more about Thailand and Thai beliefs/culture.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”