Plane ticket -- for O-A visa

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 28, 2014, 1:08 am

Return plane ticket .

When applying for an O-A Temporary Residents visa ( 1 year ) at your local Thai Embassy,
do you need to show proof of a RETURN plane ticket or will a ONE WAY plane ticket be acceptable ?

How easy is it to purchase a return ticket for a return a year later ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

the-monk

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » June 28, 2014, 2:18 am

Last week I applied for and received a year long 'O' visa multiple (exit and entry every three months) from the Thai Embassy in Riyadh. I did not submit any tickets for arrival or exit.

I can't be certain but I would have thought it wouldn't be any different for an O-A visa but worth checking at your place of application before applying.

In terms of booking a return ticket for a trip one year ahead is unlikely on most airlines due to flight cost variations, however, making a reservation might be possible.

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » June 28, 2014, 4:03 am

Never been asked for proof of ticket either one way or return.#Besides, I'm not sure if you can buy a ticket with a 12 month return.
Don't quote me but I think max return is 6 months.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 28, 2014, 6:09 am

FYI - The longest I have found for return ticket was via Thai air and you can only do up to 11 months from current month

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » June 28, 2014, 7:36 am

Specific for the UK, don't know about other departure points:

Thailand (government) does NOT require you to have an outward bound ticket (see the regulations section of the embassy/consulate web site at your country of departure).

Heathrow 100%, not sure about the others: the AIRPORT AUTHORITY (not the airline) can refuse you permission to board if you don't have a ticket to take you out of Thailand, irrespective of your Visa (I have no idea on what legal basis they can do this but the Hull consulate web site warns this may happen).

If leaving from the UK, safest bet is to buy the cheapest ticket to anywhere that allows you to cancel and get a refund, then cash it in once you are here.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » June 28, 2014, 8:05 am

Have been booking yearly tickets on Eva Air for the last six years or as Stanthe man says 11 months,no problem just expensive.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » June 28, 2014, 11:32 am

You dont need a return ticket on an OA Visa

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”