ozone boutique hotel

General Udon Thani topics only!
Lao-miner
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by Lao-miner » July 18, 2014, 3:17 pm

Has anyone stayed here, would you recommend it ? im looking for a change , plus the Pannarai where i usually stay on trips to udon is booked solid for my dates, also how far is it in a tuk tuk from Central , not sure of the location but i think its near ton koon hotel, would that be correct ?

Thanks in Advance

Zidane
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by Zidane » July 18, 2014, 4:07 pm

Coming straight down towards Udon from the Nong Khai ringroad,its quite near to the Udon Christian school.
In fact,its almost opposite the Esso gasoline station which is on the right hand side.
Too far to walk to the centre and I reckon a tuk tuk would cost you about 80 baht.Nong Prajak would be walkable,just over 10 minutes walk....walk through the Esso station,turn left and then right at the traffic lights and the lake is a few minutes straight on.
The hotel has got some good reviews,bar one,on trip advisor so give it a go for 1 night and see what you think....its got a swimming pool etc.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by Lao-miner » July 18, 2014, 4:09 pm

Cheers zidane, a swimming pools a must to entertain the nippers

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by BossHogg69 » July 18, 2014, 6:18 pm

You will be very dissapointed, the place is a big letdown, the pool is like a fish pond and not very clean and the food for breakfast is awful, mind you if you stay at the pannerai you will be used to poor food!

Jello
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by Jello » July 18, 2014, 6:29 pm

Some Thai restaurants, street food, 7-11, Tesco express and the baan hoi market are in walking distance. Anywhere else you'll want to take a tuk tuk or the baht bus.
The hotel is new and looks very nice but you may want to have a look at the reviews on Agoda before booking:
http://www.agoda.com/the-ozone-boutique ... viewHeader
(Lots of comments about a bad smell from the drains.)
UFF DA!

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by BossHogg69 » July 18, 2014, 10:48 pm

Yes I stayed in room 707 and the smell was really bad and they would not move me just sprayed with airfreshener, so I located the source of the smell and blocked it off, it was a drain under the sink for overflow nothing else and the smell was gone next day, the breakfast is really poor for a farang, totally unacceptable.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

ozone boutique hotel

Post by Lao-miner » July 19, 2014, 6:01 am

Thanks for the replys, normally i try to avoid Hotels calling themselves "Boutique" the place looked alright on agoda and the pool looked decent enough but as usual it looks like a bit of clever photography was applied, sent the Pannarai an email direct yesterday and got a reply this morning that they do indeed have a room available for the nights i want, Ive never eaten there apart from the breakfast which is usually ok, The kids like it though. Ive got dental appointments at AEK so the pannerai is a better location for me. After the dentist i will be getting on the piss

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”