Dual Tracks Thailand

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Tracks Thailand

Post by bumper » July 19, 2014, 9:16 am

Set to kick off in October. My question is one meter tracks the same as they have now or wider?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... -come-soon

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

farlong68
udonmap.com

Dual Tracks Thailand

Post by farlong68 » July 19, 2014, 11:00 am

same same

bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Tracks Thailand

Post by bumper » July 19, 2014, 12:00 pm

That being the case, it's going to take one heck of a terminal in Lao to make the change to wider tracks.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Dual Tracks Thailand

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2014, 6:51 am

Lets us not forget the time they installed the raillway, they paid for two tracks and got one, so hope springs eternal , but they should change to the same witdth as surrounding countries, but as they say 'This is Thailand '.

bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Tracks Thailand

Post by bumper » July 20, 2014, 9:35 am

You know I had to go back and read that again. There will be standard gauge tracks added as well, for high speed trains. My Bet China is paying for that, and will supply the rolling stock. They will don't do things for free, so what is the cost?

I can't imagine a train running 180 KPH through the rural area in Thailand. All I know is I will watch out for me and mine.
Water Buffalo Cattle tractors pickups, trucks are on their own. ;)

Were any of the routes mentioned going into Issan?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”