Why does every post has to be accepted

General Udon Thani topics only!
Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » July 20, 2014, 1:14 pm

Is very hard to comment on this site. Every time I make a post it has to be accepted by admin. It's very ignoring :oops:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 20, 2014, 1:19 pm

Rule 10..
10. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently the first X number of posts from new members are automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Moderators and not users. Members that have passed the post approval threshold may be moved back to the 'moderation queue' group at any time if they persistently violate the rules despite previous warnings. If this action does not cause a change in posting style & attitude then a ban will undoubtedly follow.
& it is not so annoying as having a Forum filled with spam posts either... :D

Twixies
udonmap.com

Post by Twixies » July 20, 2014, 1:24 pm

Fair enough :)

novo58
udonmap.com

Post by novo58 » July 20, 2014, 3:56 pm

How many is ....................."X" ?????????

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 20, 2014, 6:03 pm

Four more posts and all your problems are history :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 20, 2014, 6:18 pm

novo58 wrote:How many is ....................."X" ?????????
I think the fact that it is called X (rather than a number) in the rules is the clue.

As anyone knows from the age of about 10 on, the answer to X is always a hugely over-complicated series of mathematical calculations that the puzzler is almost certain to get wrong. Indeed even when they get it correct they are not sure that they have actually achieved anything but slight personal satisfaction...

In other words, i don't know but possibly Admin do... :D

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 20, 2014, 7:40 pm

X represents the algorithm used by Admin to determine the number of times a new boy has his posts reviewed before letting him loose on the site. The algorithm takes account of the level of spam activity as well as the new boy's ability to use the English Language.

Thus, a low level of spam activity coupled with a new boy's skill in using English may only require two or three reviews of his posts.

Conversely, a high rate of spam balanced against a new boy's inept utilisation of English may require 20 - 40 reviews by Admin.

:-k
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » July 20, 2014, 9:30 pm

Thus, a low level of spam activity coupled with a new boy's skill in using English may only require two or three reviews of his posts.

Conversely, a high rate of spam balanced against a new boy's inept utilisation of English may require 20 - 40 reviews by Admin.
Thus you may appreciate that there are a number of long standing posters who still have to have their posts approved. I think they even include an "alleged" English teacher. ;) :lol:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 21, 2014, 1:56 am

You mean some members have to have their posts approved on a permanent basis? I can envisage a degree of frustration on both sides: the member because he can't see his post until it's approved and the moderator because he has to check every entry.

As for teachers of English, well, that's another discussion.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 21, 2014, 9:14 am

For the times really a good idea. Mods really don't have the time review all the posts. As far as I know they are a volunteer group. So they actually have lives to lead. It's working your new so you don't know how strange can get with posters. Hopefully that will show up in X.

You will be there soon.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 21, 2014, 10:17 pm

I am just a simple minded person and thought X was roman numerals?

Glad it was explained in a more complicated manner in keeping with a lot of the forum. :D

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 22, 2014, 8:42 am

You might just be right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”