Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
petermac

Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Post by petermac » July 27, 2014, 4:00 pm

hi .. I am currently holding seven nights at the paradise hotel in udonthani .. just want to get any feedback about the hotel .. is it a good location to night life .. is it close to shopping etc during the day hours .. is it girl friendly .. any feedback will be appreciated .. I am not there till the latter part of September ..

also does anyone know the best way to get from chiang mai to udonthani without too much hassle .. if a private vehicle was used .. what might be the rough cost in aussie dollars or thai baht ..

smiles .. peter

Svein66
udonmap.com

Paradise hotel / Udonthani

Post by Svein66 » July 27, 2014, 4:23 pm

You can walk to shopping and nightlife in 15-20 minutes, I would think, and there are tuk-tuks outside the hotel if you don`t want to walk. I have stayed at the hotel 2-3 nights and didn`t have any complaints

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 27, 2014, 4:38 pm

I have never stayed there.

It is just a bit far away from the centre of town, so if I was staying in town at night then I, personally, would probably not pick it, given the alternatives available.
It is certainly walkable, distance wise &, like nearly all of Udon, on the flat.

There is probably enough shopping to keep you amused in the centre of town for 7 days... :D
Possibly night life as well, that very much depends on you' The 2 main 'falang' bar areas (Nutty Park & Day & Night) are both pretty much in the centre of town.

I would be happy to walk from & to the Charoen Hotel at any time of the day or night - which is not very far away. However, from memory, I think that the last 100 or so meters from the main road to the Paradise are not especially hospitable late at night. However, that could have changed as it is a fair while since I have been that way.
Getting tuk tuks back at night from the centre of town is no issue though!!

As far as being guest friendly, i think all the hotels in Udon are, but am willing to be corrected on that point... :D

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » July 27, 2014, 8:19 pm

I've stayed at many, many hotels over the years in Udon, and the Paradise ended up my favorite (I have a house here now, so I don't need a hotel anymore). I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Great staff, very clean, good food, and fantastic swimming pool. It's a short walk to the nightlife, although late at night I'd recommend a tuk tuk, they're cheap.

pomps
udonmap.com

Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Post by pomps » July 28, 2014, 6:08 am

Check the tripadvisor with 50 reviews,a bit of a mixed bag but generally viewed as good,one review says they will pick you up at the airport so get them to confirm that. 8)

caducus
udonmap.com

Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Post by caducus » July 28, 2014, 4:02 pm

May I reiterate what has already been stated by another poster, that the Paradise Hotel is, in my opinion, the best accommodation in town. I say this having stayed there on a number of occasions - and with experience of one of the 'Agoda' top two in Udorn. I can confirm that the hotel will arrange a free transfer to and from the airport, and also provides a shuttle service to UD Town and Central Plaza.

maaka
udonmap.com

Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Post by maaka » July 28, 2014, 7:07 pm

alas way outside my price range...
I can get three nights elsewhere for that Standard price per room
however, looks swish though..so enjoy..

thrilled
udonmap.com

Paradise Hotel (Sponsor)

Post by thrilled » July 29, 2014, 12:36 am

To far away for me.I stayed there at times during the a Vietnam war.The pool was great.It would be the place to go when the bars closed.Great memories.
Like I said A little to far from shopping,day and night,nutty park etc.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”