Nigerian Housing Scam in Udonthani

General Udon Thani topics only!
mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » July 29, 2014, 7:39 am

Hi Everyone on the forum,

I have been trying to sell my house privately through udonmap,bahtsold,and so on.
Also through Thai property net.
received an email from a perspective buyer,and then i received this email/scam .
check this story out.
Hello,

Thanks for your urgent response on your property and I want you to know that I really am interested in your property and I'm certainly buying this property on your price and I also hope that we can work together for a better and higher platform considering my move to your country, I sincerely want to trust you. I am a war veteran with NATO forces in Afghanistan, the war against terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Baghdad, Iraq, and now serving in Afghanistan.

I will need this property for my personal and investment purposes, I'll move to your country due to some security reasons, and that is why I contacted you, so that we can work together on my investment plan in your country. As a result, it is important for me to show you that I have in my possession the sum of € 13.5 million. what I do. Crude oil deal from Iraq I have been moved to Afghanistan, but I still have this box in Iraq, and as soon as I your acceptance to me and I'll help for the delivery with the help of the Red Cross cargo jet communicate to hear from you.

I have these funds secured in a facility in Fallujah in Iraq, waiting for a moment like this, to get the money for a good cause and now that I'm in use in Afghanistan I want to move the box from Fallujah immediately. I have a very profitable investment plans on hand. I can not move this money to the United States because I will be in your country for about 5 years, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I'll move the funds to you in your country, where you will stand as my beneficiary because I submit someone as my beneficiary to effect such delivery .. I am an American and an intelligence officer , and I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic means. I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details for the implementation of this transaction successful for us. I decided that someone who is a real and an imaginary person and that's why I do that the person went to a place where I feel comfortable. I think I can trust you. At the moment I am very careful with the way I communicate so as to reduce any kind of risk, until the money is in your care. I will communicate with you by e-mail and would give you a call when it is necessary, so that you can be informed on all important information. I want you to be brave, I have everything under control. I have all the proof and it is authentic for the fund delivery.

If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 2 days I will then search for someone else. I am doing this on trust, I want you to put aside any act of greed or the thought of cheating, because we have a lot to gain in this regard. € 13.5 million is a lot of money which is the dream of everyone. I'm in Afghanistan and now need to save the money and send it to you as soon as we obtain a reasonable agreement.

I wait for your contact details so we can go. In less than 5 days, the fund should be delivered to you. I'll give you 10% of the sum and 90% is for me. I hope I am fair on this deal.

I'll give you one very important because of the security and confidentiality of our communication i need to remove the property from display on the display site. You need to take this step immediately. it is very important for both of us, because the site is monitored by some agencies and as long as you have the property on the website they will be able to monitor your computer and all of our communications. I'm telling you as a veteran and I know how it is done. Please remove the property from the web pages before you answer me and then be sure we all have to celebrate our success as a family at the end.

regards,
SS Lawrence

Just thought i bring this to people's attention and share this.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » July 29, 2014, 8:59 am

mr passout wrote:Hi Everyone on the forum,

I have been trying to sell my house privately through udonmap,bahtsold,and so on.
Also through Thai property net.
received an email from a perspective buyer,and then i received this email/scam .
check this story out.
Hello,

Thanks for your urgent response on your property and I want you to know that I really am interested in your property and I'm certainly buying this property on your price and I also hope that we can work together for a better and higher platform considering my move to your country, I sincerely want to trust you. I am a war veteran with NATO forces in Afghanistan, the war against terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Baghdad, Iraq, and now serving in Afghanistan.

I will need this property for my personal and investment purposes, I'll move to your country due to some security reasons, and that is why I contacted you, so that we can work together on my investment plan in your country. As a result, it is important for me to show you that I have in my possession the sum of € 13.5 million. what I do. Crude oil deal from Iraq I have been moved to Afghanistan, but I still have this box in Iraq, and as soon as I your acceptance to me and I'll help for the delivery with the help of the Red Cross cargo jet communicate to hear from you.

I have these funds secured in a facility in Fallujah in Iraq, waiting for a moment like this, to get the money for a good cause and now that I'm in use in Afghanistan I want to move the box from Fallujah immediately. I have a very profitable investment plans on hand. I can not move this money to the United States because I will be in your country for about 5 years, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I'll move the funds to you in your country, where you will stand as my beneficiary because I submit someone as my beneficiary to effect such delivery .. I am an American and an intelligence officer , and I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic means. I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details for the implementation of this transaction successful for us. I decided that someone who is a real and an imaginary person and that's why I do that the person went to a place where I feel comfortable. I think I can trust you. At the moment I am very careful with the way I communicate so as to reduce any kind of risk, until the money is in your care. I will communicate with you by e-mail and would give you a call when it is necessary, so that you can be informed on all important information. I want you to be brave, I have everything under control. I have all the proof and it is authentic for the fund delivery.

If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 2 days I will then search for someone else. I am doing this on trust, I want you to put aside any act of greed or the thought of cheating, because we have a lot to gain in this regard. € 13.5 million is a lot of money which is the dream of everyone. I'm in Afghanistan and now need to save the money and send it to you as soon as we obtain a reasonable agreement.

I wait for your contact details so we can go. In less than 5 days, the fund should be delivered to you. I'll give you 10% of the sum and 90% is for me. I hope I am fair on this deal.

I'll give you one very important because of the security and confidentiality of our communication i need to remove the property from display on the display site. You need to take this step immediately. it is very important for both of us, because the site is monitored by some agencies and as long as you have the property on the website they will be able to monitor your computer and all of our communications. I'm telling you as a veteran and I know how it is done. Please remove the property from the web pages before you answer me and then be sure we all have to celebrate our success as a family at the end.

regards,
SS Lawrence

Just thought i bring this to people's attention and share this.
This is an interesting twist on an old scam. He has very poor English skills for an American. He states that he is very careful with the way he will communicate, and yet he addressed his e-mail to the full forum. You could off course just play along and bait him for a while.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » July 29, 2014, 9:42 am

Quote squad smash him... :confused:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 29, 2014, 9:45 am

Don't see the dig yet, where you put up some money as a guarantee. Money laundering is also a possibility. I would stay very far away from that mess.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » July 29, 2014, 9:58 am

So this is how ISIS is funding their terrorism "The Fallujah get rich scheme"! As P.T. Barnum said "there is a sucker born every minute"

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » July 29, 2014, 12:22 pm

If any readers would like experiences from someone 'leading on' Nigerian Con Artists online, a great book is by Bob Servant entitled "Delete this at your Peril"
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » July 29, 2014, 1:54 pm

a good friend of mine was in charge of sales for the new conrad development on samui, several years ago now. he was contacted in much the same fashion, although by the "private secretary" for some "wealthy individual" who wanted to buy 2 properties in the conrad development (total price around 80 million thb) as well as start up a business here. i told my friend to have a good laugh and leave it be, nothing good can come from this. he ignored me though as he wanted a sale that badly.

correspondence continued, always through the "private secretary" until the day of the supposed "wealthy individual" arrival (along with his briefcase stuffed with cash)

on the day of his "arrival", my friend received an urgent phone call, this time not from the "private secretary" but rather the "wealthy individual" who had been "stopped by customs in bkk, they are holding me here until i pay them 250k thb because i've got too much cash in my briefcase. please transfer the money to xxx account immediately, you will be reimbursed and compensated for your troubles"

reminds me of an american author who's name i've long forgotten. he became successful writing stories around the horse racing tracks in the early 1900's. he wrote something that i've long remembered. when asked by an acquaintance why he would let some degenerate horse race gambler borrow yet another 5usd from him.

"i know i'll never see that 5 dollars again, but the stories he will provide me with while he avoids paying me are priceless"

if anyone can refresh my memory as to that authors name, there's a beer in it for you.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » July 29, 2014, 2:24 pm

Ring Lardner?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 29, 2014, 2:37 pm

anyone with average intelligence could see a mountain of BS in the e-mail.. In Fallujah?? Really, and in the "1st Amored Division in Afghanistan?? Plus all the misspellings, fractured grammar and stilted form... Whadda idiot!!
Dave

can123
udonmap.com

Post by can123 » July 29, 2014, 2:42 pm

JoeThrows wrote: reminds me of an american author who's name i've long forgotten. he became successful writing stories around the horse racing tracks in the early 1900's. he wrote something that i've long remembered. when asked by an acquaintance why he would let some degenerate horse race gambler borrow yet another 5usd from him.

"i know i'll never see that 5 dollars again, but the stories he will provide me with while he avoids paying me are priceless"

if anyone can refresh my memory as to that authors name, there's a beer in it for you.

Was it Nat Gould ?

http://www.natgould.org/full_list_of_books

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » July 29, 2014, 4:44 pm

Shado wrote:Ring Lardner?
great, i'm pretty sure it was ring lardner. thanks. where do i send the bottle of beer?

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » July 29, 2014, 4:45 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:anyone with average intelligence could see a mountain of BS in the e-mail.. In Fallujah?? Really, and in the "1st Amored Division in Afghanistan?? Plus all the misspellings, fractured grammar and stilted form... Whadda idiot!!
those are built into the scam. they don't want to deal with anyone who is sharp enough to decipher the message, preferring only to deal with those who aren't.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » July 29, 2014, 4:46 pm

can123 wrote:
JoeThrows wrote: reminds me of an american author who's name i've long forgotten. he became successful writing stories around the horse racing tracks in the early 1900's. he wrote something that i've long remembered. when asked by an acquaintance why he would let some degenerate horse race gambler borrow yet another 5usd from him.

Was it Nat Gould ?

http://www.natgould.org/full_list_of_books
pretty sure it was in fact ring lardner i was looking for, but thanks for trying

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » July 29, 2014, 5:31 pm

great, i'm pretty sure it was ring lardner. thanks. where do i send the bottle of beer?
Thanks for the offer but I'm not much of a beer drinker. Perhaps in our travels, one day we can have a cup of coffee together. Well, not together. You have a cup and I will have a different cup.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » July 29, 2014, 9:55 pm

Techland wrote:Quote squad smash him... :confused:
Apologies, straight out of bed and on to the forum this morning, not fully awake.
There is also a factual error in my post, I wrote that the scammer had written to the forum, when in fact it is simply the OP introducing the scammers text. The use of same font size and colour confused me.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » July 30, 2014, 6:46 pm

the advance fee scam/con cums in infinite disguises

:confused: =;
temptation is a .....

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » July 31, 2014, 6:13 am

I forgot to say that the book 'Delete this at you peril" is hillarious. Well worth a read.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 31, 2014, 12:36 pm

socksy wrote:I forgot to say that the book 'Delete this at you peril" is hillarious. Well worth a read.
So funny, I read it cover to cover, thanks for the link

OT.......... \:D/

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 31, 2014, 12:42 pm

Ponzi schemes did the same thing to well spoken educated jerk heads as well.

OT............... \:D/

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » July 31, 2014, 4:34 pm

old-timer wrote:Ponzi schemes did the same thing to well spoken educated jerk heads as well.

OT............... \:D/
without a doubt. individual greed isn't limited to any particular social class. the significant difference with the nigerian scams is that they are singling out the not so academically minded whereas a good ponzi scheme like the one bernie madoff pulled off specifically targets the achievers. greed is just the common denominator.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”