Feral Dogs

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
stereolab
udonmap.com

Feral Dogs

Post by stereolab » September 23, 2014, 9:20 am

Like most local villages, we are infested with feral dogs, going down some sois in the evening, even on a bike is impossible, does anyone know of a legal local way of dealing with them. I had an "ultrasonic" phaser (DAZER) in the UK, but it was broken upon arrival here.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Feral Dogs

Post by Nong Bua Dave » September 23, 2014, 11:54 am

Most mornings I go running around the sois just on the other side of the Mittapap Hwy near Nong Bua. At first I was rather apprehensive of the dogs. But, once they saw me a couple of times the best they now come up with, is a growl and a bark, before going back to sleep.
I suggest, it best to ignore them as much as you can. Maybe just carry a stick with you. But, don't go flaying wildly around, that just makes them want to attack you in defence. More, I have noticed these dogs are very territorial. They know where the boundary of their house is and rarely go beyond it. To them that patch of road is there territory. All they are doing is guarding it. Learn to think what the dog might be thinking and they are easier to handle.

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Feral Dogs

Post by maxeboy » September 23, 2014, 1:20 pm

An advice to avoid these dogs is:

Bring a small plastic bag filled with dog's food and give a handful to the dogs. I have done this for several years and now all the dogs on my regular route come tail wagering and (smiling) at me and we are the best friends now.

Try it out it is not expensive and You can walk in peace.

Kind regards from

maxeboy
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

GT93
udonmap.com

Feral Dogs

Post by GT93 » September 23, 2014, 1:34 pm

Good thinking maxeboy but readers shouldn't try this soi dog strategy for making friends in Nana. It might be very expensive and they might not have a peaceful life. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”