what songtao number goes to or nearby airport

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 18, 2014, 10:43 pm

I see udon to hat yai flights are running 1760 baht, lion air.

cheers for songtao number to airport or near airport. Hoping near is not more than 2km if they don't go into airport.

Hat yai is no problem. Song tao go into city from airport.

Like those immutable laws of physics one beer is never enough...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 19, 2014, 1:52 am

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 19, 2014, 7:16 am

Number 15 starts opposite the old Big C and goes through town past the Police Station and Prison onto the ring road and towards the back entrance to the airport (maybe about 1km to the terminal building). You can see the route on one of the Udon maps.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 19, 2014, 7:48 am

Cheers. That knocks that one off. Is it 10 baht ?

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 19, 2014, 8:07 am

Yes only 10 baht for a long journey
Alba gu bràth

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 19, 2014, 8:58 pm

From Hat Yai airport to city centre.....
Sangthaew 30 baht but very slow,I believe.
Shared mini van 80 baht.
Tuk tuk 100 baht.
Taxi 250 baht.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 20, 2014, 5:55 am

Effing hell Zid - no pictures of a semi-naked female songtew driver! :confused:
Alba gu bràth

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 20, 2014, 11:19 am

Careful Zids. You might be blowing your cover with MI 6 if you know and say too much about the South of Thailand. If you are with MI 6, I think Udon would be a great posting on a MI 6 salary and not too many raving loonies to keep an eye on. You probably just need to hang out on udonmap and in the bars to find us. I mean them.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 20, 2014, 12:02 pm

GT,
You have only to trawl the bars of Udon late at night to find that there are many ex MI6,SAS and American Special Forces here in Udon !
The book below features MI6 up until 1949 and is believed to mention the names of several ex employees who are now Udon Map members !
So,if you purchase a copy,please be discreet. :-$
Secret Service in Udon Thani.jpg
Incidentally,for those flying to Hat Yai........about 120 kilometres further south is the city of Pattani which is in the restive south of Thailand.There is a lovely old colonial style hotel in the city called CS Pattani which has great rooms and facilities and decent food.......rooms start from just 900 baht upwards (4/5 star).
An ideal weekend break for those ex Secret Service agents who like their stay to have a tinge of danger ?
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 21, 2014, 2:09 pm

Not surprisingly not many of these rogues claim to be ex-US secret service. There are big problems there. Zids, I reckon if you and I helped give a leg over the White House fence to old-timer, Uncle Bob Helm and udonmap's very own Methuselah, they would be fast enough to reach the White House front door without being shot by the US secret service. Bob would probably even have time to moderate a couple of posts from his troublesome posters (don't look at me).

Bob and Methuselah would then be nimble enough to get up the stairs to join the Obama's for their evening meal before the Secret Service even knew what was happening. Old-timer would however flag that and decide to wander around the White House looking for the secret service's party room which should according to the law of averages be full of young women looking for some extra cash. Old-timer would, of course, be hoping it was the US government's shout.

And trying to finish closer to the topic, it's a shame there are no songtaos in DC.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 22, 2014, 6:15 am

Zidane wrote:GT,
You have only to trawl the bars of Udon late at night to find that there are many ex MI6,SAS and American Special Forces here in Udon !
The book below features MI6 up until 1949 and is believed to mention the names of several ex employees who are now Udon Map members !
So,if you purchase a copy,please be discreet. :-$
Secret Service in Udon Thani.jpg
Incidentally,for those flying to Hat Yai........about 120 kilometres further south is the city of Pattani which is in the restive south of Thailand.There is a lovely old colonial style hotel in the city called CS Pattani which has great rooms and facilities and decent food.......rooms start from just 900 baht upwards (4/5 star).
An ideal weekend break for those ex Secret Service agents who like their stay to have a tinge of danger ?
He looks like an older version of Mr Humphries from Are You being Served? :roll:
Alba gu bràth

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 22, 2014, 6:38 am

Perhaps a relative socksy. :D

I think this history stops at 1949. Assuming Bob Helm worked for MI 6, 1949 might be a bit before Bob's time unless he joined as a school boy. If I see this book in the library I'll be looking through the appendices for anyone by the name of Helm. Cunning blighter may have changed names later to Helm so I will miss spotting him. Or the Helm used here might not be his real family name.

Of course if there are stories about a young MI 6er getting up to mischief in Bangkok in the late 1940s I might have found our man.

There is of course the remote possibility that even a chap as insightful as GT has misread Bob and that Bob was a Latin teacher in the UK for 40 plus years inflicting untold misery on generations of British schoolboys. A bit like KP and Thai schoolboys? :D

Amo, amas, amat, amamus ...

Songtao, songtaos, songtaot?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 24, 2014, 2:30 pm

Blimey, 2 days after I start to blow Bob's cover the misinformation starts to come out of the British government:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -says.html

I don't believe this for one minute. I can easily imagine a young Bob running as athletically as the fellow in the link after a couple of stunning Thai girls he'd just met in a go-go bar in Bangkok in 1949. I don't know if he'd have been so keen chasing a couple of dour Soviet KGB agents in the Bangkok heat.

Back on topic: in his day a songtao would have needed some luck with the traffic lights to get away from Bob. Nowadays Bob might struggle to keep up with a 3 year old? Those days aren't far away for a fair few of us.

Return to “Travel & Transport”