Water Tank Repair - Excellent Service

General Udon Thani topics only!
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 19, 2014, 7:01 am

About a year back, I replaced my pin-holed and rapidly corroding stainless steel :lol: water tank with a 'plastic' one. I have to accept that the ground water where I am seems particularly corrosive.
My new purchase was a DOS Eco-Jazz model, manufactured by Thammasorn Co. Ltd. Fairly recently, water started to leak from the drainage outlet. I got nowhere with several attempts trying to fit a new PVC plug with the sealing tape, the plug refused to tighten properly and water continued to drip. I made a half-hearted effort with sealant, perhaps failing to ensure everything was dry.
I noted the tank had labels on it '15 year warranty' and 'Thai Industrial Standard'. Not really expecting any positive response, I asked my wife to 'phone a contact number in Bangkok. I heard my wife being told there was a service department, leaving address etc.
Blow me down. Two days later, we receive a call from service guys based in Khon Kaen, who want to come and 'sort it'. Sure enough, they subsequently appear who, after having to mess about to fully drain/move the tank, drill three new holes (only one appeared to be leaking), put in and seal new fixings to accept plugs, check for no leakage. I wasn't at home, but all for free under warranty, no mention of money, even gasoline costs. My wife gave them a tip, which appeared to come as a surprise to them. The impression my wife gained was that they were regularly dealing with this kind of repair, so perhaps a design fault?
Accepting that it appeared this was a faulty product, excellent service, which came as a surprise, and I will write to the Head Office to say so.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 19, 2014, 5:09 pm

handy to know Brian...will write it down in my notebook..Taa..

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 19, 2014, 6:33 pm

Thanks Brian, great info , it gave me the spark in me grey matter to look at their DOS website to get ideas for my new house installation. I'm sure others other's here have seen it. Its a good website with a bit of info on different types of water treatment and storage. Since they were so good with your service I may ask them for advise on how to set up a sewerage/ Greywater/ fresh water system.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 19, 2014, 8:46 pm

let me know what you come up with Barney re that matter, as I am also in the poo tank planning stage now for my Isaan Ponderosa

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 20, 2014, 7:44 am

maaka wrote:let me know what you come up with Barney re that matter, as I am also in the poo tank planning stage now for my Isaan Ponderosa

Most Definitely Maaka, are you in UT now?

the old ponderosa? I remember sitting with my grand pappy watching Bonanza.
They never had a toilet problems on the ranch to my knowledge. Surprising eating Chinese food each night.
I'm thinking you to be the Adam Cartright character. He was by all reports and of course wiki the Urbane Architect and designer of the house.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 20, 2014, 6:04 pm

I am more the Clint Eastwood type I think, thought just having done a paper on Che Guevara, I believe if I had a twin then he be the man, as we had/have so much in common.

yes to your Udon question..I am camped, or ensconed in a bungalow 90 minutes north of Udon, nursing some busted ribs, yet drawing house plans everyday, so as the builder has all the info for Stage Two of the Ponderosa..trying to get back to town, but I need to build myself up in order to hang onto the handlebars for the 2 hour return trip...

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 20, 2014, 6:33 pm

maaka wrote:I am more the Clint Eastwood type I think, thought just having done a paper on Che Guevara, I believe if I had a twin then he be the man, as we had/have so much in common.

yes to your Udon question..I am camped, or ensconed in a bungalow 90 minutes north of Udon, nursing some busted ribs, yet drawing house plans everyday, so as the builder has all the info for Stage Two of the Ponderosa..trying to get back to town, but I need to build myself up in order to hang onto the handlebars for the 2 hour return trip...

Ok Maaka,
I'll keep you informed if I find anything out from Dos.
Broken ribs eh! wouldn't have held Clint back especially if you have a magnum tucked in your shorts.
Mother in law is on her 6th week of recovery from the motor bike 4 broken rib syndrome.
If you need help give me a bell when I am back, I have a little block of rural land west of nong khai and sometimes go up to take a look to see how high the grass is. Can help drop something to you mid Nov if your still on deaths door.
There is medicinal THC these days for pain. Hope the recovery goes well.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 20, 2014, 8:32 pm

thanks for the words and thoughts Digger
did 4 ribs on the other side the year before, and seven in my ankle last year, so its old hat Matey..I still got one good arm to box with..she'll be right...the wee woman surprised me by saying she could get some herbal plant they smoked in these parts for relieving such pains, but she couldnt remember the name of it..I wonder what that does...

the magnum's is abit tempermental ..Likley to go off half cocked..anyways, keep me abreast re the tank DOS thingy..

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”