Dual Rail Nong Kai

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by bumper » October 25, 2014, 9:08 am

I got to watch the PM do his speech. i8t has subtitles in English, I truly enjoyed the speech.

He named off three locations for dual rail. Nong Kai was mentioned, he didn't say what would happen in Udon

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 46203.html

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

parrot
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by parrot » October 25, 2014, 10:16 am

The dual track plan for Nongkai was approved by the Cabinet in 2012.....then scrapped earlier this year.....then resurrected later this year. Depending on what you read, the Nongkai track will be done in 2019 (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Thai-Cab ... S.97395010), 2022-2029 (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transpo ... s-go-ahead), or 2021 (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transpo ... es-changed).

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by stattointhailand » October 25, 2014, 11:00 am

hope that's 2019 parrot, it will give the locals more space to walk their cows along :-"

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by Jing Jing » January 16, 2015, 10:02 am

Construction of the first two sections — a 133km track from Bangkok to Kaeng Khoi and a 246.5km track between Kaeng Khoi and Map Ta Phut — will begin in September this year, and services on the two sections in September 2017

The two other sections — a 138.5km track between Kaeng Khoi and Nakhon Ratchasima and a 355km track from Nakhon Ratchasima to Nong Khai — will be built from December this year, and services will commence March 2018.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -this-year

That would be pretty amazing if they could build that much rail in the time periods outlined. :shock:
I don't think any other Thai capital project has been built on schedule. I guess if you don't follow the rules,ignore the rain and don't have a bid process anything is possible.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by merchant seaman » January 16, 2015, 11:13 am

And the cash to pay for all these proposed projects comes from where?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by Jing Jing » January 16, 2015, 12:32 pm

MS says
And the cash
Properly the China Development Bank which is according to some is one of the world’s largest international lenders to developing countries. [uh oh another TBTFB ] Apparently there are no more b̶o̶g̶u̶s̶ projects to build in China.i.e. empty cities, empty factories a high speed rail system...They need new s̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ pawns to f̶l̶e̶e̶c̶e̶ issue bonds to so they can service their existing loans [ kinda like a Ponzi scheme]

bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by bumper » January 16, 2015, 1:33 pm

Following things along the way apparently several Countries have expressed interest, last I heard it will be China. It may be in the news these day. But, that doesn't mean much as all. The Swiss a seemed to really have upset the apple cart. So none of it means a thing till the cash hits the table
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by FrazeeDK » January 16, 2015, 4:13 pm

The Chinese have built some extensive rail systems over in Africa so if push comes to shove and the Chinese are funding this rail expansion let's hope they have their fingers deep into managing it.. Now that the Thai government has signed various memorandums of understanding with the Chinese and gotten promises of huge amounts of money, they evidently have enticed the Japanese to possibly fund additional projects (BKK-CM or the west-east railway) http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transpo ... ct-details

But let's not forget what this is all about.. its about China having routes to import resources. If you do a readback on these stories you'll find that the Mapthaphut-Nong Khai railway envisaged by the Chinese did NOT got through Bangkok. The Thai government insisted on the Bangkok-Khaeng-Khoi link.. Mapthaphut is actually the industrial port by Rayong where the majority of the oil is imported into Thailand.. I'll wager that not only will the railway be built but that there will be an oil and gas pipeline along the right-of-way all the way from Mapthaphut to Kunming... Oh, and don't forget the massive siding south of Udon near Nong Takai to fill hopper cars with Potash fertilizer to go up to China....
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by parrot » January 16, 2015, 7:33 pm

Someone asked who was going to fund the dual track.........potash would be an easy answer!

Am I missing something........or is there more than just a dual track that's needed? Seems to me an entirely new railroad is needed as well.....freight cars and engines for starters. I'd be surprised if any of the existing equipment could be used on a higher speed track.

Wonder if the Chinese will bring in workers to 'help' build the tracks.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by FrazeeDK » January 16, 2015, 8:20 pm

you can bet all rolling stock and signaling equipment will come out of China too... The Chinese have no qualms with paying massive kickbacks to those in power according to friends of mine up in Laos where the Chinese are involved in anything/everything...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by FrazeeDK » January 16, 2015, 8:29 pm

ah, already developing a business relationship by buying 20 meter gauge diesel locomotives.. http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/trac ... iland.html
Dave

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by Jing Jing » January 16, 2015, 9:05 pm

Chinese officials will meet to talk about details of the plan and other issues, according to the minister.

The first round of meetings between the two sides will take place next week and center on plans to survey the route and related studies.

The second round, scheduled for early February, will focus on financial and investment issues, while the third in late February will discuss the partnership between Thai and Chinese companies, Prajin said. ChinaDaily

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 16, 2015, 9:29 pm

IMO ....This will not happen in the life time of most expats residing in Udon today .....i repeat IMO
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2015, 4:47 am

Although one can't help but feel Thailand has gone through this process before AND failed miserably, this time with the onset of AEC looming, lack of any sensible solution to the need for good rail links not only throughout Thailand but also with neighbouring countries,would spell economic disaster. So for that reason , this time it will happen, whether it will be in the next 5-6 years will remain to be seen, but in talking to my friends ( Thai ) they believe that it will happen, not because China is involved ( which is a good thing ) , but failure would result in severe financial problems coming on top of the extraordinary costly and deeply corrupted , Government backed Rice scheme which will take years to recoup the money, any further failures would be another nail in the coffin as it were.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by merchant seaman » January 17, 2015, 6:32 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:IMO ....This will not happen in the life time of most expats residing in Udon today .....i repeat IMO
Concur, No need for more condos either.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by bumper » January 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Thailand is reaching out to some Arab countries as well. Makes me wonder just how locked down they have the Chinese. I don't remember if it was with that project or not. In the news yesterday small article. With the recent currency move not sure anything is locked in stone

rufus
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by rufus » January 17, 2015, 3:01 pm

"I got to watch the PM do his speech."
I thought Thailand did not have a PM after the coup. Surely you can't mean that general who appointed himself?

bumper
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai

Post by bumper » January 18, 2015, 10:38 am

Well part of the answer was published today, ( Bangkok Post) they will run a budget defecit to stimulate the economy

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Dual Rail Nong Kai to Khon Khaen Update

Post by FrazeeDK » June 21, 2021, 6:23 pm

According to this Nimda Variety video the EIA for the dual track KK to Nong Khai was completed in 2561. The project is scheduled to begin in 2565 and be finished four years later in 2569. It will include the elevated rail section in Udorn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7AiOkq_cs
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”