Roof Repair

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Roof Repair

Post by the-monk » October 28, 2014, 9:54 am

Roof repairs

We have a Thai style roof made of << concrete tiles >> that has developed a leak.
We had few people coming to fix it , using caulking but all failed after a while or after a
downpour... Can anyone recomment a company or a person experienced in roof repairs ?
Any suggestions as how to fix it ?
Thanks. Have a nice day .

the monk
DSC03103-R2.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Roof Repair

Post by FrazeeDK » October 28, 2014, 6:38 pm

sorry, been there done that and there are few out there that will do a decent repair job.. The leaks are probably coming from the ridge caps not being sealed properly.. They sell rolls of rubber sheathing to fix it. It means removing the entire ridge cap, chipping of all the old caulking and cement, laying the rubber sheathing down the ridgeline then replacing the ridgecaps on top op it, then caulk/cementing..
Dave

redwolf
udonmap.com

Roof Repair

Post by redwolf » October 28, 2014, 7:09 pm

the-monk wrote:Roof repairs

We have a Thai style roof made of << concrete tiles >> that has developed a leak.
We had few people coming to fix it , using caulking but all failed after a while or after a
downpour... Can anyone recomment a company or a person experienced in roof repairs ?
Any suggestions as how to fix it ?
Thanks. Have a nice day .

the monk
DSC03103-R2.jpg
Yeah our new office had horrible leaks during the first 6 months. and the so-called repair guys for that were anything but. they'd go in with hammers and sheet metal. what a joke. they got indignant when I handed them a small videocam and told them to film every edge & surface up close, especially where water pooled or flowed so I could figure out a solution myself.

Once our landlady realized we were friends with her cousins, she called in the real team, on her tab of course. they're not a company, just an Ace of a guy and his 2 helpers.

These guys meticulously went through the entire roof membrane above, below and at the sides (where driving rains penetrate the wall masonry [if you can call it that]).

They got the job done over 3 or 4 days, as we had them replace all the roof dryboard and give the walls a good seal and several primer coats. The scope of work for our job may be a bit larger than your house so the time needed may be lesser.

They got the work done fast, and even threw up an awning up front, doing all the welding as their sealants dried on the roof. Kind of intelligent compared to what professional time-wasters you usually get on jobs like this.

I'll get their contact info and drop it here within the next 48 hours.

-]R3d\/\/o|_f

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”