Teacher arrested

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2014, 8:34 am

This is unfortunately another case of a child fiddler wanted this time by the british and I for one a, glad he has been caught and dealt with gives the rest of us a bad name.

A British man, wanted for 17 counts of sexual violation and molesting girls under 14 in the United Kingdom, was arrested on Tuesday at a local school in Kumphawapi district in Udon Thani where he worked as a teacher, Immigration Bureau commissioner Pol Lt General Sakda Chuenpakdee said yesterday.
Suspect Robert David Hastings, 61, initially told police that he had been in Thailand since 2005 and, had a Thai wife. He went on to say he had returned to the UK to sort out his assets before settling here. He told police he had contacted UK police about the arrest warrant which they insisted he return to face. However, his claim of having no money and request for financial aid didn't get any reply until he found out during the arrest that he was wanted in Thailand as well.

He most recently entered Thailand via the Nong Khai immigration checkpoint and has documents to work as a language teacher at the school until March 31 in 2015, Sakda said.

samster
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by samster » November 27, 2014, 8:46 am

Can anyone explain why the British Police hadn't tracked this bloke down earlier?

Learnt about this yesterday and found his FB page with no trouble and it's quite clear where he is and what he's doing. Why did the British Police not do this knowing there were outstanding warrants?

Some on here complain about the RTP. But seems the UK BIB find it easier to set up a speed trap than switch on a computer....or maybe someone can tell me different

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2014, 8:55 am

Overseas wanted criminals have to be dealt with by either a direct request of the originating country or through Interpol. Either way a conformed, legal arrest warrant must be in the hands of the arresting country before they will act. The timing of the action by the arresting country is in the hands of the arresting country NOT the originating country, so although many times we know of criminals here wanted by our own countries getting them is not as easy as one thinks, and unless it is serious then it is not really worth it.

There are many ways you can make life difficult for the wanted man back in his own country without resorting to arresting him and then PAYING for him to be repatriated to answer for crimes committed. Assets can be seized and frozen etc etc . often that has the same effect as the offender will then return to find out what the hell is going on. This case of a Child paedophile is very serious and as Thai children were at risk the expense is worth it.

Further more do not forget all the i's have to be dotted and t's crossed as the Thai authorities do not really want a long drawn out appeal process to even be considered. One thing on this case, as the offender knew he was wanted and declined the offer to return I think he knew he was in the proverbial he was just hoping that the Thai BIB were as stupid as he thought they were, that thought has been his downfall. Hoisted by his own petard methinks . Good riddance I say !!

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by bigsnake » November 27, 2014, 9:18 am

WOW! Another bit the DUST!

samster
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by samster » November 27, 2014, 9:20 am

Thanks for the explanation. That's a hell of a lot if "i's" to be dotted and "t's" to be crossed in the 9 years he's been here though. He has been visible on FB for over 5 years and a teacher for at least that length of time.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by stattointhailand » November 27, 2014, 9:44 am

samster wrote:Thanks for the explanation. That's a hell of a lot if "i's" to be dotted and "t's" to be crossed in the 9 years he's been here though. He has been visible on FB for over 5 years and a teacher for at least that length of time.
Funny, I thought that the "T's" that usually got crossed were at the end of BEA and the "I's" that needed dotting were in SH T ........ get the confession ..... job done.

Notice there is a pic of him on ThaiVisa and in The Nation if anyone wants to know if they recognise him :-&

Zidane
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by Zidane » November 27, 2014, 9:53 am

Here he is....just have to hope he hasnt been up to anything with Thai children. [-o<
Robert David Hastings,61.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by jackspratt » November 27, 2014, 11:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:This is unfortunately another case of a child fiddler wanted this time by the british and I for one a, glad he has been caught and dealt with gives the rest of us a bad name.
As does "convicting" the guy before he has even fronted a court. [-X

noosard
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by noosard » November 27, 2014, 11:35 am

I thought teachers have to have a police clearance to be able to work here

socksy
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by socksy » November 27, 2014, 11:40 am

I doubt very much here whether they will check for convictions/arrests anywhere other than Thailand.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

747man
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by 747man » November 27, 2014, 12:25 pm

Zidane wrote:Here he is....just have to hope he hasnt been up to anything with Thai children. [-o<
Coz IF He has,Then he will get his Co*k Cut Off by The Parents.... =D> =D> =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by stattointhailand » November 27, 2014, 12:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:This is unfortunately another case of a child fiddler wanted this time by the british and I for one a, glad he has been caught and dealt with gives the rest of us a bad name.
True, it COULD be SEVENTEEN cases of mistaken identity after all :-k

GT93
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by GT93 » November 27, 2014, 1:02 pm

Numerous people charged with sex crimes aren't convicted. However he seems to have done a runner from the UK so that doesn't look too good.

The Thais are going to have to look again at their vetting of farang teachers. This dude seems to have slipped through. No doubt his Thai and farang colleagues are going to be speculating on what he might have been doing in Udon.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

socksy
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by socksy » November 27, 2014, 1:03 pm

747man wrote:
Zidane wrote:Here he is....just have to hope he hasnt been up to anything with Thai children. [-o<
Coz IF He has,Then he will get his Co*k Cut Off by The Parents.... =D> =D> =D>
Maybe in some cases 747, but what about the cases where some parents will accept payment from Paedo's in return for the 'services' of their children?
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GT93
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by GT93 » November 27, 2014, 1:20 pm

I would say in no cases. I understand the Islamic State has values similar to cutting jerk off and they welcome westerners who want to do these kinds of things.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by jackspratt » November 27, 2014, 1:26 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
True, it COULD be SEVENTEEN cases of mistaken identity after all :-k
I guess we will have a better idea when the case gets to court, and he either pleads guilty, or the evidence of the complainants (number unknown at this stage) is tested. :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by stattointhailand » November 27, 2014, 1:59 pm

A British man, wanted for 17 counts of sexual violation and molesting girls under 14 in the United Kingdom, was arrested on Tuesday at a local school in Kumphawapi district in Udon Thani where he worked as a teacher, Immigration Bureau commissioner Pol Lt General Sakda Chuenpakdee said yesterday.

(number unknown at this stage)

True, I suppose it COULD be more than seventeen then Jack :-"

old-timer
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by old-timer » November 27, 2014, 2:05 pm

jackspratt wrote:I guess we will have a better idea when the case gets to court, and he either pleads guilty, or the evidence of the complainants (number unknown at this stage) is tested. :-"
Tut. How can you defend this vile man even before his court appearance? It's obvious with the reports given that he's a nasty piece of work. Jackspratt - Should he be given bail and allowed to continue with his teaching job until his case comes to court? after all in your eyes he is not guilty yet.

OT................ \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by jackspratt » November 27, 2014, 2:21 pm

old-timer wrote:
jackspratt wrote:I guess we will have a better idea when the case gets to court, and he either pleads guilty, or the evidence of the complainants (number unknown at this stage) is tested. :-"
Tut. How can you defend this vile man even before his court appearance? It's obvious with the reports given that he's a nasty piece of work. Jackspratt - Should he be given bail and allowed to continue with his teaching job until his case comes to court? after all in your eyes he is not guilty yet.

OT................ \:D/
OT, take a moment ................. read (slowly, if you need to) what I have written .................. and then come back and point out where I have "defended" Hastings. =;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Teacher arrested

Post by jackspratt » November 27, 2014, 2:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote: True, I suppose it COULD be more than seventeen then Jack :-"
Or it COULD be 2 then statto.

After all, it is quite common for multiple charges to be laid for multiple offenses against a single complainant. :-"

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”