Udon Thani to Sisaket by Bus

General Udon Thani topics only!
socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 29, 2014, 6:52 am

Anyone been to Sisaket from Udon Thani by Bus and know if I have to change anywhere? (ie Khon Kan). I've tried to find information on the internet but come unstuck. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » November 29, 2014, 7:31 am

Had a quick look around on the internet,seems there are buses starting from nongkhai to Ubon Ratchatani,stop off point is Udon thani then presumably a bus change at Ubon terminal to Sisaket or use their taxi service from there,maybe the bus termnal in town can help you better 8)
Did google on UM and someone was trying to find similar info to you back in 2007 but never got a response :yikes:
If you have plenty of time on your hands then maybe the train is a solution :shock: :D 8)

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 29, 2014, 7:45 am

pomps wrote:Had a quick look around on the internet,seems there are buses starting from nongkhai to Ubon Ratchatani,stop off point is Udon thani then presumably a bus change at Ubon terminal to Sisaket or use their taxi service from there,maybe the bus termnal in town can help you better 8)
Did google on UM and someone was trying to find similar info to you back in 2007 but never got a response :yikes:
If you have plenty of time on your hands then maybe the train is a solution :shock: :D 8)
Many thanks for your advice Pomps. I will pay a visit to Udon Bus Terminal with my trusty six-year-old translator by my side. I will give the train a miss.
Alba gu bràth

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 29, 2014, 8:13 am

There is a direct bus serving Nong Khai-Sisaket, picking up in Udon . It runs twice a day, leaving Udon about 8 and 9AM. Can't think of the name of the company but it's office is located in the small soi to the left looking from the main road. The fare is about 500bht one way but it does get very full so advance booking is essential.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 29, 2014, 8:18 am

trubrit wrote:There is a direct bus serving Nong Khai-Sisaket, picking up in Udon . It runs twice a day, leaving Udon about 8 and 9AM. Can't think of the name of the company but it's office is located in the small soi to the left looking from the main road. The fare is about 500bht one way but it does get very full so advance booking is essential.
Thanks Trubrit. I will venture out to try and find it today or tomorrow. Worst scenario is to drive but can't be a*sed.
Alba gu bràth

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 29, 2014, 10:37 am

My Mrs. is from Sisaket but she's lived in Udon 20 plus years. I love Sisaket. We usually drive there but she does the driving. I too can't be arsed. Actually I think it's safer for insurance reasons that she drives.

The family farm is in rural Sisaket. Sisaket rocks. I love my time there.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 29, 2014, 10:51 am

GT93 wrote:My Mrs. is from Sisaket but she's lived in Udon 20 plus years. I love Sisaket. We usually drive there but she does the driving. I too can't be arsed. Actually I think it's safer for insurance reasons that she drives.

The family farm is in rural Sisaket. Sisaket rocks. I love my time there.
Looking forward to my short stay there GT - never been and a change of 'wallpaper' from Udon.
Alba gu bràth

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » July 5, 2015, 9:34 pm

I've been to Sisaket the once, a lot more rural than the bright lights of Udon, even 7 year or so ago. A lot less farang there also, which hopefully helps our reputation. I found the younger generations more welcoming in the places I visited, eager to speak to and learn off farang whereas in Udon they don't want to know unless you're taking them to UD Town.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”