marriage

General Udon Thani topics only!
MJA

marriage

Post by MJA » November 30, 2014, 4:07 pm

could anybody tell me what i have to do to register a marriage in Thailand with government in England
so if any thing happens to me my wife can claim some of my goverment pension

samuel
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by samuel » November 30, 2014, 4:22 pm

just contact the ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok > MOFA Naturalization / Legalization
it's very easy and cheap. no big problem.

Rono
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by Rono » November 30, 2014, 4:30 pm

MJA, make sure in advance that your wife CAN claim some of your government pension after you are gone. For instance: for some Europe countries; as long as you are alive she /you both will get an extra for her sake.. But the moment you are gone every thing stops!! That is, if she never lived in your country. And if she has/had she can get something pro ratio the years she lived there with or without you!

stereolab
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by stereolab » November 30, 2014, 5:10 pm

MJA wrote:could anybody tell me what i have to do to register a marriage in Thailand with government in England
so if any thing happens to me my wife can claim some of my goverment pension
Presumably you are drawing a pension at present, if you are, is the issuing office aware you are living in Thailand?
I wrote to the MOD pension folks(Equiniti) and advised them I was overseas and had married since my discharge from the military, I received a very nice letter back stating exactly what my wifes entitlement would be, after I have gone. A very pleasing answer, in my case, now I just have to get to 65 for the state pension.

rick
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by rick » November 30, 2014, 6:56 pm

If the state old age pension, probably she will not get any. Other pensions, should only need Thai marriage certificate and probably certified translation, at time of claim. But best to speak to your pension provider.

747man
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by 747man » November 30, 2014, 8:13 pm

When " You've Left this mortal coil " You're Wife is entitled to a lump sum of ONLY 2,000 gbp...

can123
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by can123 » November 30, 2014, 9:02 pm

747man wrote:When " You've Left this mortal coil " You're Wife is entitled to a lump sum of ONLY 2,000 gbp...
Completely wrong ! Check the appropriate Government website and do not listen to the "barrack room lawyers".

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

marriage

Post by BillaRickaDickay » December 1, 2014, 5:08 am

Copied off the Gov Website for Bereavement Benefit

3. Eligibility

You may be able to claim Bereavement Payment if your spouse or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions. Contact the Bereavement Service for more information.

Bereavement Service
Telephone: 0345 606 0265
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

If your spouse or partner’s death was caused by their job, it doesn’t matter if they paid National Insurance contributions or not.

One of the following must also be true:
you were under State Pension age when they died
your spouse or civil partner was not entitled to Category A State Retirement Pension when they died

Contact The Pension Service if you aren’t sure what Pension they were getting.

You can’t get Bereavement Payment if any of the following are true:
you were divorced or had dissolved the civil partnership when your spouse or partner died
you’re living with another person as husband, wife or civil partner
you’re in prison

If you’re abroad

Contact the International Pension Centre to find out if you can claim if you’ve moved abroad.

Department for Work and Pensions
Bereavement and widows’ benefits
International Pension Centre
Tyneview Park
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1BA

Bereavement and widows’ benefits if you’re abroad
Telephone: +44 (0)191 21 87608
Find out about call charges

You must include your full name, date of birth and National Insurance number if you know it.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

MJA

marriage

Post by MJA » December 1, 2014, 7:01 pm

thank you all for your help, MJA

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”