Kasikorn bank increases spread on foreign currency notes

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » December 1, 2014, 11:28 pm

Rather quietly on the 19th November Kasikorn bank increased its spread on exchanging US bank notes from 0.62 to 0.64 Baht per US Dollar, at the same time it also increased the spread on all the other currencies that I looked at.

The spread on the TT rate has remained the same.

Foreign exchange is already a very profitable part of legitimate commercial banking and can well afford to stand any reduced profitability from the reduced (but still very large) number of tourists and expats that will be affected by this.

The increase may not seem a lot, but as there is no additional work it is effectively just additional profit - and, if it has been increased because of a reduction in tourism, one has to wonder whether it will be reduced when the tourists return :-k

As an aside, some years ago during a troubleshooting assignment that I had, I discovered that a UK bank had quietly been increasing its foreign currency spread to a corporate client without informing them of their actions – on being informed of the underhand manner it had been conducted it was exit stage right, one corporate client.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 2, 2014, 6:30 am

Interesting, I have their wisdom and premier credit cards which give me a better xchg rate by a quarter to half a point, will have a look today and see how that's been affected

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”