American Embassy Warning

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by bumper » December 10, 2014, 3:49 pm

You know never cared for Feinstien much. But, now she is messing with my time here. Is this a surprise to anyone?
You know playing politics is getting way out of hand. America doesn't seem to need any enemies these days looks like it is in the self destruct mode. Your dealing with folk that lop others heads off. I suppose you have to be polite.

U.S. citizens in Thailand should be aware that release of declassified versions of the executive summary, findings, and conclusions of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s report of the CIA’s Rendition, Detention and Interrogation program could prompt anti-U.S. protests and violence against U.S. interests, including private U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens should pay attention to their surroundings and take appropriate safety precautions, including avoiding demonstrations or confrontational situations.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Thailand enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) at www.Travel.State.Gov. STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Regularly monitor the State Department's website, where you can find current Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Specific Information for Thailand. For additional information, refer to “A Safe Trip Abroad” on the State Department’s website.

Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. You can also call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and download our free Smart Traveler iPhone App to have travel information at your fingertips.

The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy (http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html) is located at 95 Wireless Road in Bangkok, and can be reached by calling 66-2-205-4049, or by e-mailing [email protected]. The Embassy’s after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-2-205-4000.

The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai (http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/service.html) is located at 387 Wichayanond Road in Chiang Mai. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can be reached by calling 66-53-107-777 and by e-mail at [email protected]. The after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-81-881-1878.

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by FrazeeDK » December 10, 2014, 4:01 pm

ah the State Department "world-wide caution" which quite frankly is the State Department covering their posterior to be able to say, "we warned you!" if indeed something happens...
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by jackspratt » December 10, 2014, 4:29 pm

bumper wrote:You know never cared for Feinstien much. But, now she is messing with my time here. Is this a surprise to anyone?
You know playing politics is getting way out of hand. America doesn't seem to need any enemies these days looks like it is in the self destruct mode. Your dealing with folk that lop others heads off. I suppose you have to be polite.
Did they start lopping heads off before or after the US invaded, and then starting torturing them? :-k

Buckeroo
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by Buckeroo » December 10, 2014, 8:23 pm

No before the US invaded they contented themselves with flying passenger planes into tall buildings. By the by, sleep deprivation and pouring water on these animals faces pales in comparison to what is routinely practiced under sharia law.

Astana
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by Astana » December 10, 2014, 9:11 pm

When we start caring more about the wellbeing of the bad guys than we do about stopping terror plots on our own countries we are on a very slippery slope. Admittedly, with the release of the report some of the moral high ground might have been lost but I'm sure these kinds of issues are not keeping the radical islamists awake at night.

Putting things into context this year alone there have been nearly a 1,000 so called honour deaths against women in Pakistan and not much of peep of morale outage against this form of torture..!

farlong68
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by farlong68 » December 10, 2014, 11:18 pm

what the demos are doing is aiding the enemy treason I think.... had I released any docs close to the classified level as these I would have still been making small rocks from large rock in the federal prison in Kansas...shame on you and the blood of your fellow americans and others is on your hands....sincerely john

jackspratt
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2014, 8:11 am

Just out of interest, for those who are objecting to the release of the report - do you also object to the behaviour it reveals ie illegal torture, and it's routine cover up and lies?

And if it is OK for the US/CIA to illegally torture prisoners, is it OK for the other side to do the same with captured US prisoners?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by merchant seaman » December 11, 2014, 8:28 am

When have captured US prisoners not been tortured?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2014, 8:29 am

merchant seaman wrote:When have captured US prisoners not been tortured?
That wasn't the question - but good attempt at deflection, MS.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by Khun Paul » December 11, 2014, 8:39 am

Many of you are missing the point, what happens in a country where the LAW allows for abuse and even killings is one thing, but when a country who spouts democracy and rule of law as the bedrock on which they wage a war, abuse of any person is deemed to be illegal.

While I may agree that release of this document does show the USA or more especially their trained pets the CIA in a bad light , it no way shows the entire nation as bad. Good people do bad things for a reason, here we not only had good people do bad things but they lied to all and sundry when asked specific questions . Some Americans may object as a threat to their freedom and security, is that why the deaths from guns in the USA is astronomical because your wonderful Senate and Congress are unable to come to a sane decision, or Police can kill with almost impunity, it is no wonder the World is angry at your pet bulldogs, all of them should be treated exactly like they treated their prisoners.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by merchant seaman » December 11, 2014, 8:51 am

"All of them should be treated exactly like they treated their prisoners," Agree, close Gitmo tomorrow, take all those still being held there to an outside court yard and behead every single one of them and post it on FaceBook.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

fatbob
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by fatbob » December 11, 2014, 9:18 am

It must be remembered that not every Muslim is a fanatic, only a small percentage. Religious fanatics be they Christian or Muslim are exactly the same. Every body has the right to a fair trial and their day in court, secret torture prisons only make things worse and give the fanatics ammunition for there cause and create the fanatic in the first place.

This has been snow balling out of control since Bush senior invaded Iraq in the early nineties based on his lies of weapons of mass destruction, he will go down in history as the main cause of this escalation of violence for twenty five years now since he made that decision which was merely to protect Israel.

papafarang
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by papafarang » December 11, 2014, 9:43 am

jackspratt wrote:Just out of interest, for those who are objecting to the release of the report - do you also object to the behaviour it reveals ie illegal torture, and it's routine cover up and lies?

And if it is OK for the US/CIA to illegally torture prisoners, is it OK for the other side to do the same with captured US prisoners?
just the point jack, I remember the kidnapping of westerners years ago, most got released in the end, but now they kidnap us, and we rendition(kidnap) them, they torture us and we torture them, they fly planes into building ,we bomb wedding parties with drones.one big advantage they have is they will die trying to kill us, where as we don't have that kind of conviction to give our lives up. seems western governments have stooped to the morals of the terrorists. the US is right to warn us , lucky for us though the militants in Thailand have never attacked westerners...YET
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lucky Me

American Embassy Warning

Post by Lucky Me » December 11, 2014, 11:36 am

jackspratt wrote:Just out of interest, for those who are objecting to the release of the report - do you also object to the behaviour it reveals ie illegal torture, and it's routine cover up and lies?

Yes jacksprat My thoughts are Opposite of yours as I would approve using the exact methods that is used against us.
So when our heads are not removed then let theirs stay. :D

bumper
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by bumper » December 11, 2014, 11:43 am

Police can kill with almost impunity
Don't believe the B.S. floating around these days, cops face four different avenues of scrutiny after any shooting.

1. Department rules
2. Criminal
3 Civil Rights Violations ( two cops from Rodney individual went to Prison)
4 Civil liabilities

That is a lot of oversight for a split second decision.

Lets face they did a lot more then fly jets into buildings, are we to forget lockerbe, the attack on the Marine Barracks, the USS Cole, the attack at Olympics just to name a few. Not to mention the failed attack on the World Trade Center

We have a bad habit of selective memory. We forget the circumstances in the world when these things happened. I assure you, no one was worried if a terrorist was made to be uncomfortable On September 12.

I tell you what if they can save some ones life by stripping down an ISIS fighter and making him cold for hours I'm all for it.

Keep a clear picture before we judge I would say.

All that being said, just like the people who believe Police can just go around shooting black people. People are going to want to believe as they wish. There in, is the problem the report is out now some 14 years after the event that triggered all this. This is just another excuse to add fuel to the fire. No Country is perfect, no form Government is perfect.

How many to this day believe that Germans shot prisoners in World War two ?

How many realize that we did the same thing?

How many prisoners is ISIS holding today ?

Are they being put at higher risk?

For what purpose?

Why was it released now, why are racial tensions being raised. By any stretch of the imagination does anyone believe that Eric Holder or Obama give a damn about Michael Brown. Give me a break, the very fact that they hold the offices they do is a direct argument as to the position they say they are taking

So to put others at risk for political points and that is what it really is just stupid.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by Khun Paul » December 11, 2014, 11:51 am

Are we really arguing about the rights and wrongs are are we arguing that again the Americans are fed up with their current political fiasco called the government, which if I remember correctly were put there by a democratic election.
There is one sure way to change how the USA acts , it is to elect a government for the people by the people,........now who said that I wonder. ......

RLTrader
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by RLTrader » December 11, 2014, 12:18 pm

as an american, more scared of my country, than any so called terrorist, (higher chance of slipping in the shower and smashing my head), and with one of the CIA Black sites, just down the road from me, not too worried about having my head chopped off by some angry thai. One would think their anger would be directed more toward their complicit government which is no longer in charge.

just saying.

fatbob
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by fatbob » December 11, 2014, 1:25 pm

[quote="papafarang"] by Lucky Me » December 11, 2014, 11:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
Just out of interest, for those who are objecting to the release of the report - do you also object to the behaviour it reveals ie illegal torture, and it's routine cover up and lies?

Yes jacksprat My thoughts are Opposite of yours as I would approve using the exact methods that is used against us.
So when our heads are not removed then let theirs stay.

This is where these arguments get weird, so what you are saying 'Luck Me' is its ok for us to do it but not ok for them, it will never stop, your argument is exactly the same as the Muslim extremist.

bumper
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by bumper » December 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

RLTrader wrote:as an american, more scared of my country, than any so called terrorist, (higher chance of slipping in the shower and smashing my head), and with one of the CIA Black sites, just down the road from me, not too worried about having my head chopped off by some angry thai. One would think their anger would be directed more toward their complicit government which is no longer in charge.

just saying.
You know here is a part not everyone is keying on. America did not act alone, and this report names every Country that helped them. That my friends includes Thailand. You should be more afraid of America we have yet again duped on our allies.

So there are a lot of reasons why the report should not have been released, we have total idiots running the joint.

You may also may not know that the things they speak of in the report are pretty much them same training air crews go through in the event capture.

You darn right I object to this. This is all in the name of Politics. It's not about the admission we all knew this, it's about going into the details they are releasing putting others in harms way. Wonder how it would have went if the recent elections had went the other way. amazing none of this was a problem until after that.

The current government Is losing ground and they are doing anything they can to take attention off what they are doing.

It's politics plain and simple and it matters not who is harmed in the process.

What country would be foolish enough to assist now knowing that down line they are more then likely going to get burned. I choose not to sit on my high horse. What they just did to our allies there is no excuse for.

My best impression of the radicals is they intend take over the world not part of it and they won't rest until they do. Or did I miss something?

I would not be feeling to safe in Thailand. Been an uprising going in the south since I have been here.

parrot
udonmap.com

American Embassy Warning

Post by parrot » December 11, 2014, 6:37 pm

bump: "So there are a lot of reasons why the report should not have been released, we have total idiots running the joint."

We can bury our heads in the sand.....like some of our Asian neighbors about the atrocities that took place during WW II.......or we can hang our dirty laundry and hope (big HOPE) that we don't repeat the same mistakes again in the future.

I've considered this sort of thing (releasing the CIA report, Watergate and all the dirty laundry that flowed from it, the Pentagon Papers, My Lai, Abu Graib, even Snowden's actions)......what helps make the US different from so many other countries. Our s%@t stinks......just like everyone's.....but rather than flush it out of sight (perhaps Texas history books excepted), we lay it out for everyone to dissect.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”