An Open Thread for Warring Tribal Poms

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 13, 2014, 9:17 pm

It seems - to me at least, as an outside observer - that a country which occupies, at most, 6 inches in height and 1 inch in width on any map of the world, has more warring tribes than then entire middle east combined. :shock:

So my invitation is for all "scousers, mancs, jocks, etc, etc" (whatever they are) to join this thread to continue their silliness, and leave the rest of the threads to at least semi-serious debate and discussion. =D>

If anyone wonders what I am talking about, have a look here:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p403070

:D

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 14, 2014, 12:08 am

Get a life fella, who ever you are or where ever you come from sado :(
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 14, 2014, 2:59 am

jackspratt wrote:a country which occupies, at most, 6 inches in height and 1 inch in width on any map of the world
'I say!'
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 14, 2014, 3:04 am

I say, this could potentially be an entertaining thread if posters could overlook the provocative invitation.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 14, 2014, 3:11 am

Or, as Jack Benny would say,'Now, cut that out!'

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 14, 2014, 3:26 am

GT93 wrote:I say, this could potentially be an entertaining thread if posters could overlook the provocative invitation.

It could..so I'll pitch in for the Suvverners.

Old Jack is right, those northern Johnnies are a rum bunch, always bickering among themselves. Hopefully won't be too long before UKIP get those border controls installed north of Watford.

'I say, Earnest, just bagged myself another Scouser!'
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 14, 2014, 6:49 am

I am afraid I do not and never have associated myself with any warring tribes called POMS , as in my book , we are all British and damn glad of it, we do however have one or two oddballs and an influx of the heathen tribes from darkest Europe has coloured the scenario but generally most POMS ( British ) will band together , we can call each other what we want but outsiders stay out of the arguments, thank-you.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 14, 2014, 8:31 am

jackspratt wrote:It seems - to me at least, as an outside observer - that a country which occupies, at most, 6 inches in height and 1 inch in width on any map of the world, has more warring tribes than then entire middle east combined. :shock:

So my invitation is for all "scousers, mancs, jocks, etc, etc" (whatever they are) to join this thread to continue their silliness, and leave the rest of the threads to at least semi-serious debate and discussion. =D>

If anyone wonders what I am talking about, have a look here:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p403070

:D
Oh dear Jack, you simply don't understand , do you? But how could you I suppose not being one of us having the privilege to be born British. First you must realise the physical size of a country in no way determines it's character, after all , look at your own, a massive land mass which hasn't appeared to make much impression on the overall world scene, comparetively speaking.No it's the people that make a country great, not it's physical size .
Now when you start to talk about the people, I must admit I do not know a lot about yours, only what I have learnt from a few I have observed in and around the pubs in the Earl's Court Road, who I sincerely hope weren't representative of the majority of it's citizens, but I do know quite a bit about the British tribes as you refer to them.
The first thing you must understand is that we are by both nature and upbringing, hugely competitive people.This is what has helped to make us and our language so widely respected and used through out the entire global community .
Naturally this also occurs at home on a more local level, as evidenced every Saturday at hundreds of football stadiums around the country. So what you are seeing as squabbling is actually an expression of that nature.It is not normally aggressive in any form, unless alchohol is involved, as you will note when seeing rivals actually singing songs at each other during a game .It is , in our own way considered a source of humour. However the main thing to remember for you as an outsider, is that when it comes to the crunch in times of adversity, we come together as one united family from all the regions to defend our integrity regardless of accent. Beware of thinking otherwise, history has proved that to many would be detractors before.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 14, 2014, 12:31 pm

Well I hope jack's impolite post isn't "the crunch in times of adversity" and we can see British humour at its best here. Earnest has fired a great opening salvo.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 14, 2014, 5:42 pm

Well, I welcome comments from all corners of the forum, even from the two maiden aunts posting above. But I do have some reservations to their following posts...
trubrit wrote:when it comes to the crunch in times of adversity, we come together as one united family from all the regions to defend our integrity regardless of accent.
Not on your Nelly, anyone who doesn't converse in the nasal twang of Estuary English is a ruddy foreigner in my view.
Khun Paul wrote:an influx of the heathen tribes from darkest Europe has coloured the scenario...
Blimey, that's an interesting comment from a former policeman. Can we still say coloured, readers? And where is darkest Europe?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 14, 2014, 7:41 pm

Earnest wrote:And where is darkest Europe?
To learn that, we would probably have to go searching within the deepest reaches of KP's mind. That is not a risk I would be willing to take. :shock:

ps I see the warfare has retreated back to the soccer forums - a small victory for mankind. =D>

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 14, 2014, 7:57 pm

Earnest you should team up with Jackspat both of you don't know what your talking about, what a load, of bo--ocks you two are spouting on about,the pair of you need to get out more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 14, 2014, 8:08 pm

dezzer wrote:the pair of you need to get out more :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the contrary.
I think the more these 2 stay in the better for everyone.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 14, 2014, 11:09 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't POM mean Prisoner Of Mother England. If it wasn't for us shipping the thieves and sheep rustlers off to Aus your typical Aussie would still be walkabout with paint on his face and chucking sticks at each other .

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 14, 2014, 11:21 pm

Well said Vlad =D> =D> =D> =D>

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 14, 2014, 11:31 pm

What did he say? I didn't understand the accent...

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 15, 2014, 12:04 am

You really are a sad case Earnest ,wise up fella and go back to school you might learn something constructive,you loser :lol: :lol: :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 15, 2014, 12:43 am

That's a particularly unpleasant remark about "typical" Aboriginal Australians. Plain nasty. I doubt there's a single post on this thread from an Aboriginal Australian.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 15, 2014, 12:48 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 15, 2014, 1:01 am

Do Brits with northern accents face some discrimination in getting employment in the south of England? And what about vice versa? I suspect there might be some discrimination for the posh jobs.

Return to “Open Forum”