Girls& Money.

General Udon Thani topics only!
vlad
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by vlad » December 24, 2014, 5:14 am

Had a good convo today regarding us i mean falangs being seen as only cash cows. The conversation turned to why is it when you bring a Thai girl to England most but not all smell the grass isn't greener and bugger off with a new man they met in the uk once you splashed a lot of cash to get her here.

Macca
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by Macca » December 24, 2014, 7:29 am

Yawn
vlad wrote:Had a good convo today regarding us i mean falangs being seen as only cash cows. The conversation turned to why is it when you bring a Thai girl to England most but not all smell the grass isn't greener and bugger off with a new man they met in the uk once you splashed a lot of cash to get her here.
Nothing to do with the complete change of culture, crap weather and the UK being a $h!thole to live in these days.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by Khun Paul » December 24, 2014, 8:23 am

What a useless post, some and I mean some see 'us' foreigners as a means to better themselves, others see it as a means to better their families as well. There are others that are too happy to meet a man and have a fruitful life and a longterm relationship and all that that brings.

What happens when some of us bring the lady in question to the UK is that she sees through the nonsense many speak and then decide to bugger off. Most cases I cannot blame them.

So the generalisation that most bugger off is wrong, the generalisation that most see us as ATM's is also wrong.
it really does depend where and when you meet them and more importantly what you say.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by merchant seaman » December 24, 2014, 8:35 am

Mabe just a victim of a failed relationship for what ever reasons.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by BobHelm » December 24, 2014, 8:39 am

I would be interested if your thoughts are based on facts or if they are just 'gut feelings' vlad.
I think probably the later.

As 42% of marriages in the UK end in divorce (2012 Government figure) even if all (as you say) Thai/Falang relations fail then there is a 42% chance that it has nothing whatever to do with a Thai females' desire for money.

I think that this is a case of your past relationship history with Thais souring your perspective on life... :(

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by FrazeeDK » December 24, 2014, 9:42 am

could be the Thai wife in the UK is now in the greener pastures with the rest of the herd, a wider selection of bulls so to speak and is merely trading up...
Dave

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » December 24, 2014, 9:56 am

FrazeeDK wrote:could be the Thai wife in the UK is now in the greener pastures with the rest of the herd, a wider selection of bulls so to speak and is merely trading up...
My thoughts exactly ,why make do with this old burger when theres prime steak on offer :D ''Thanks for the ticket tillac'' :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by stattointhailand » December 24, 2014, 10:33 am

And we all know that there are NO farang men in Thailand that switched an older farang woman for a younger Thai woman [-(

papaguido
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by papaguido » December 24, 2014, 10:34 am

Here we go again another cultural bash :roll: ...anyway not much different in the US. Seen it many a time with young Marines. Kids from "nowhere" town USA returning to their home towns and marrying their high school sweethearts. Then bringing them out west to Southern California. Whole new world and opportunities for the young lady that never set foot outside nowhere town. First chance she gets, usually when the young Marine hubby is deployed, packs her trash and hits the road...

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by ting_tong » December 24, 2014, 10:47 am

stepping stone syndrome

wiking
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by wiking » December 24, 2014, 12:33 pm

the farang has only the thai wife for rent

if you pay her some money every month - in thailand, the wife is for rent

and looking these old fat farang in udon, who only came as a sex tourist and now complain - my young girl run away from me, ad i was so good to her, give her good money ect

and

wake up - enyou the day today, no one know the day off tomorrow

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by marjamlew » December 24, 2014, 12:53 pm

I have observed a different type of cash cow sting since my Mrs came to live in Aust about 4 years ago. She has a small friendship group of about 5 or 6 girls from Udon, KK, Roi Et and NK. They are all with the same bloke that they arrived with and they all, bar one, work as cleaners at the Mantra Hotel near the airport here. Three of these girls are constantly under pressure to send money back to parents, sisters, brothers and the family in general. One gets phone calls to send money to pay for petrol for the car she bought them. One sent an amount of cash back with a daughter who had visited here and it was stolen by family members within hours of the daughters arrival back in the village.
It's not just farangs who are seen as cash cows. Some families are just relentless in the pressure they put on these girls without any consideration or understanding of how hard they work here and the cost of living here. Anyway just a few anecdotes to show that not ALL of the girls who leave the kingdom fit into the stereotype put forward on the op.
Watch Me!!

old-timer
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by old-timer » December 24, 2014, 2:32 pm

vlad wrote:why is it when you bring a Thai girl to England most but not all smell the grass isn't greener and bugger off with a new man they met in the uk.
It's no good meeting your tiluk at the airport and taking her back to your council flat using your oyster card and leaving her there when you sign on or go to work for a minimal wage.
Not impressive. You and the people you were talking to should have known better.

OT.............. \:D/

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » December 24, 2014, 2:58 pm

old-timer wrote:
vlad wrote:why is it when you bring a Thai girl to England most but not all smell the grass isn't greener and bugger off with a new man they met in the uk.
It's no good meeting your tiluk at the airport and taking her back to your council flat using your oyster card and leaving her there when you sign on or go to work for a minimal wage.
Not impressive. You and the people you were talking to should have known better.

=D> =D> =D> Another classic from 0/T

reddevil
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by reddevil » December 24, 2014, 3:00 pm

old-timer wrote:

Well said OT :lol:

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » December 24, 2014, 3:15 pm

Apparently once the wheels touch down in Blighty,you stop being that,''Brad pitt lookalike'' :D never to hear those words again,''Hello sexy man''until your next visit to the Land of Smiles :lol:

fatbob
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by fatbob » December 24, 2014, 3:49 pm

OT summed it up perfectly, this was a topic on 'Stickman' a few weeks ago where a guy from the UK had the figures on about ten marriages, I think about three had broken up and each case it was the fault of the male, the other marriages were strong, these topics are shifted to the stereo typical outcome which is often far from the truth.

vlad
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by vlad » December 24, 2014, 4:26 pm

That is more or less how the convo went Coxo im not bashing Thais as one member said the problem starts when you bring them to the uk and they see you don't flash the cash out like you did in the bar to all her friends, and you can't give her the money every week to send home or give her the flight money home to see mama. They see there new friends with all the west's luxuries and think why haven't i got a new house or new car then it hits home and they realise you had to save for 9 months for your 2-3 week holiday where you intended to blow all the money you worked hard for. In my opening post I said some girls not most. Lets not beat about the bush there are parents who tell them at an early age to meet a farang thinking they will have an easy life too.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by fatbob » December 24, 2014, 4:36 pm

Here's the link from 'Stickman' written not buy Stick but a response to his previous weeks story.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersS ... er8957.htm

parrot
udonmap.com

Girls& Money.

Post by parrot » December 24, 2014, 4:40 pm

My wife and I often talk about the large number of Thai/American couples we know who have been married 35+ years. And we could add another 20 couples or so who have been married more than 10 but less than 35. Most all have lived a good number of those married years in greener pastures (the US, Europe, Panama).....and their marriages have survived. Some have returned to live their retirement years....together....back in Thailand.
In another 10+ marriages, the westerner was married multiple times before moving to Thailand and marrying.....yet again. Most have reached the 10 year mark.....and still going strong.
I can add in another handful or two of Swedes/Fins/Italians to the list of marriages that are still going strong after 6+ years.....most of them having moved from Thailand shortly after marrying.

I don't even have to put on my rose-colored glasses to see things as rosy as I see this picture.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”