Online Computer Shopping

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2015, 4:12 pm

It is more than 2 years since I upgraded my PC, and I am currently investigating doing so.

Unfortunately, a couple of the online shops in Thailand that I previously researched for pricing appear to have bitten the dust (eg Hardware House), leaving me with only JIB, and InvadeIT.

Are there any others which members are aware of - preferably with a retail outlet(s) in Udon?

Thanks

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 2, 2015, 5:08 pm

If it aint broke why fix it? 55555

How many years since you bought the hardware back from Aust for me? My last upgrade and still operating perfectly! Speaking of which why don't you shop in Australia on your up coming trip?

I have found this company based in Hong Kong very good for Electronic items.
http://www.tmart.com/
About 4 weeks to the Ban Dung PO, free shipping, they also have an EMS service.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by BobHelm » February 2, 2015, 5:16 pm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2015, 6:03 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:If it aint broke why fix it? 55555

How many years since you bought the hardware back from Aust for me? My last upgrade and still operating perfectly!
Hmmmmm! ........... let me think :-k ............. from memory (no pun intended), when I bought that stuff back from Oz for you (2009), there was nothing wrong with your then PC. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to do a double upgrade, with the step-son getting into games. Plus, as you are aware, I have updated from Windows XP, so need something with more grunt. :D

I am also checking Oz prices (exchange rate factor), as I will with your link @ TMart.

=D>

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by BobHelm » February 2, 2015, 6:17 pm

Depends what you have Jack...
You might want to consider just a bit of upgrading to your current pc, rather than getting new...
A SDD 120 GB disk - 2K Baht
A 4GB RAM - 1.2K baht
A Video card - between 1K baht & 10K ( :shock: )
would probably give a better system than spending 20K baht on a new system...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2015, 9:06 pm

Been out for dinner Bob, but a quick look at your link is probably what I am looking for.

Given my limited requirements on the net, I have never needed the latest technology - as my current 1155 motherboard and Celeron G540 CPU would testify. My step-son has my previous hand-me-down, which is a 755 M/B and an E3200 CPU.

Both have 4GB of RAM, so that is not an issue.

He needs a minimum 6600 - 8800GT video card and core2 duo CPU for the game he is looking at - Fifa online 3.

They are both pretty dated technology, but Advice seems to still offer a happy medium for an upgrade. I will take a closer look tomorrow. :D

UM-Tech
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by UM-Tech » February 3, 2015, 1:22 am

I've noticed JIB at Central to be far more in tune with upgrade hardware than Advice. And they seem to always have "in stock" what they have "on show". *And* they seem to have an attention span. And a level of comprehension that just makes you want to hug them.

Make sure the screen and video cable are also worthy if upgrading the video card. Some boards have a setup that helps with gaming. In the end you might be looking for a "gamer board" w/ apropos card. 16GB memory never hurts for gaming these days. The other players will outplay someone who doesn't have comparable hardware & network speed.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by BobHelm » February 3, 2015, 7:29 am

Advice Distribution are a wholesale operation that service independent shops.
Hence you will see a great many of their signs in shops in Udon.
In theory, all of the items in the catalogue are available from all of the shops - even if you have to wait a day or so for them to get from Bangkok.
As UM Tech has already pointed out, the practical experience can differ greatly from the theory... :D
Unfortunately my 'go to' man for any of these items by wing 23 is no longer in business so I cannot give you a firm recommendation of where to go.
108 are a large outlet who are Advice supplied, but I have had good & bad experiences with them. If they have in stock (& they probably have the largest supplies in Udon) then good, if they don't then pretty poor.
Sadly most Thai sales staff still seem to see customers as an unnecessary irritant to their daily tasks, rather than the reason for them being there!!
If you can find a small outlet where the owner is on site then you will probably get a satisfactory result, otherwise it is a bit of a lottery!!

I would agree with what UM Tech says concerning the games spec.
8 GB RAM is the minimum you can get away with & hope to keep up with the competition!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Online Computer Shopping

Post by BobHelm » February 3, 2015, 8:24 am

There is always
http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-computer-components/
If you just want to sit at home & then pay when it arrives at your door... :D

I have no idea what their pricing & selection is like though, I imagine a pretty restricted selection as they sell just about every item imaginable...

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”