water pump required for 4 story building

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
janl

Post by janl » February 6, 2015, 3:11 pm

elevation.jpg
I am Building a 3 story house with a roof top terrace making it essentially a 4 story building, distance from ground to roof terrace is 9.9 meter, i have a good borehole which will be feeding 2x 1600l tanks, and i am asking if anyone have a suggestion for size of water pump required from water tanks, to ensure water reaches roof top at somewhat decent flow rate.
Ground Floor is Kitchen, small bathroom with toilet, electric shower and sink, and a laundry room with plumbing for sink and washing machine
1st Floor is 2 bedrooms, both with en suite bathrooms with shower sink and toilet, as 2nd bedroom is guest room will not be used a lot in conjunction with master bedroom, mainly on weekends,
2nd Floor is living room with no water connections.
3rd Floor is roof terrace with toilet and sink and small outside wash basin with single tap.
I have enclosed elevation picture of design. and basic floor plan

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i am pretty numb minded as to what pumps to look for as pumps seems to measured in watts and HP
floor plan 2.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 7, 2015, 10:45 am

Bump - new member. :D

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 7, 2015, 10:50 am

Go to a pump shop
tell them what you want it for
they will suggest a few pumps various prices
you select and fit

I have a hitachi pump for our 2 story house
works well
plenty of pressure

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2015, 11:14 am

Hitachi bought from Global for 3 storey shop house building works great with good pressure to top floor ... had about 5 Hitachi models to choose from off the shelf varying in horse power / gallons per minute pump pressure ... ours was mid range .

Make sure you get a professional in to fit it (and tank) .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

janl

Post by janl » February 7, 2015, 11:41 am

thanks guys, i will pop into thaiwatsadu next time i pass and have a chat with them..

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 7, 2015, 12:40 pm

Isn't this request the sort of information a developer would pay a professional to design?

janl

Post by janl » February 7, 2015, 1:11 pm

i did not know you could get a professional to design a information requests but hey in Thailand nothing is impossible, i will keep that in mind when i become developer... hmmmmm

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » February 7, 2015, 1:21 pm

Here is the method used in Thailand to get water to the top of a building, anything else would be unreliable :
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 10606 times
Hope this helps.

OT............. \:D/

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » February 7, 2015, 1:28 pm

Seriously though, I would put a much smaller tank in the loft fed from the tanks on the ground. You could have this supply to the upper floors and you would get an uninterrupted water supply, unless the tanks run dry of course.

OT........... \:D/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 7, 2015, 1:42 pm

JANL

If you don't go with Old Timers 1st option which would have worked well in an old timers day :D then you have his other less enviable options.

I'll assume as OT says you are wanting an on demand pump straight to your outlets and not feeding a tank on the roof?

The Hitachi mentioned by others which I have are a good unit. Go for the inverter automatic type. They have an internal manual switch you can adjust to higher or lower pressure setting.
They have 400 watt and 750 watt sizes.

You may even consider a 2 pump and piping system so as not to put all your eggs in one basket so to say. In case one pump stops. You only need a small capacity pump to feed toilets at a trickle rate and then a higher capacity pump for mains pressure item bathroom and washing machine stuff. Also if you later decide to have a recycle grey water system for the toilets the plumbing is already in place.
Google the "DOS tanks" site, click on products and they have all the info on Hitachi and Grundfos pumps that they recommend.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » February 7, 2015, 6:53 pm

Go to Udon Hardware and see Steve they are also Hitachi stockist's and your system will be be set up to do what you want.

janl

Post by janl » February 7, 2015, 8:52 pm

Anyone had experience with Kikawa pumps? i prefer to keep my rooftop garden free of water tanks, as water to the roof is mainly to fill water cistern in toilet and feed sink for the cleaning of beer glasses, plates cutlery, and bbq equipment, the main "on demand supply" will be first floor bathrooms and ground floor kitchen and washing machine, i like the idea of two pumps, one for each tank, anyways guys many thanks for all the input, i think i have a pretty good idea of where to go from here and many thanks for OT's for innovative suggestion although lack of a river and buffalo to drive the main wheel was a seriously sad setback but i liked the idea, maybe i could harness the wife to pull the wheel... hehehehehehe :D, all input so much appreciated, So if i seemed a bit thick in the water pump department dont worry, when i become the big property developer and can afford a designer to design my information requests. i will buy a round for all you guys.. LOL, in the mean time guys stay safe and live to love not love to live.....Changloei

Return to “House & Land”