Villa Market on the move?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Joe61

Post by Joe61 » February 10, 2015, 5:01 pm

I was in Villa Market today, and one of the managers mentioned that they will be moving to a new location. I'm not sure, but I think she said the new store will be on or near the Udon - Loei Road. Near one of the markets.

Joe

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 11, 2015, 8:29 am

Sounds like another stupid decision. Maybe if they had mapped the location of their customers they could have found a site that served most customers. A high end store stuck on the Udon Loie Rd is bound to fail.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » February 11, 2015, 9:40 am

A far better location, hopefully with better parking and opening earlier, good luck to them, it clearly is not working where they are, nearly always empty when I visit.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 11, 2015, 9:52 am

Yes in the move. 2_3 months from now. Down to id town near the train station
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

choice-foods-udon
udonmap.com

Post by choice-foods-udon » February 11, 2015, 9:54 am

My information is that a deal has been done to relocate to UD TOWN ,This was relayed to me by a close source over 3 months ago ,perhaps they have changed their original decision.
Chern Chim Quality Foods & Steak House : http://chernchim.com : https://www.facebook.com/chernchim.udon
Any questions call 042-241138

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2015, 10:06 am

So lets get this right , move to a location with even less parking , more crowded and moe hassle getting to it, especially when the evening falls you will have to navigate around all the cars and m/cycles just to get to the store. Such a wise move, who thought of that I wonder......Some overpaid and idiotic manager in downtown Bangkok.

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » February 11, 2015, 10:11 am

I think its a great move, hopefully the opening times will change ( earlier opening ). As for the parking during the day when I do my shopping there is no problem with parking.

d1gromet
udonmap.com

Post by d1gromet » February 11, 2015, 11:04 am

I fore one would be very happy to see them move to UD Town or close. I never go to villa market any more, because they are out of the way, and I do not like their parking.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 11, 2015, 11:21 am

Villa Market use to open at 8:30 in the morning and not enough customers to support the earlier opening hours. Have never had a problem parking at Villa. When the VIP parking was used for other activities just parked in the regular carpark. Find their present location to be most convenient and no large crowds. More traffic in the UD Town area and more to come with the opening of the Condo on Phrosi Road.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Post by Nong Bua Dave » February 11, 2015, 11:45 am

UD Town is a much better location.
The only time parking can be a problem is after 5:30pm.
However, the number of times we've gone to Lotus at that hour, we've always found a spot - even if most are full.
This should be great for competition with Lotus (which is quite a good store) and even Tops, at Central and Big C and Makro down the road. Even our new friends at the Gourmet Meats are close by.
Great move - hope it works!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 11, 2015, 1:04 pm

d1gromet wrote:I fore one would be very happy to see them move to UD Town or close. I never go to villa market any more, because they are out of the way, and I do not like their parking.
I agree! Have only been at Villa Market once in the last year or, so as it`s too far away. I`m shopping at Big C, Makro and Tops, so to get Villa Market between those places are good. And I take a taxi, so no problem with parking at UD. :D

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » February 11, 2015, 3:08 pm

This is probably the best shopping news I've read in a long, long time.
I find Landmark Plaza a ludicrous location for a grocery store. What is the thought process that decided a grocery store would be appropriate for an IT Center? The same could be said for Tops.
Grocery shopping should be easy experience, convenient, in and out. EZPZ. I'm writing about pure grocery shopping. Not mega-shopping the likes of Big C, Makro, and Tesco.
I know very few people that live inside the Ring Roads. Most people (ex-pats) live off the the Eastern, Southern, and Western Ring Roads. Some people live South, off Highway #2, some live East, off the Sakon Nakon Rd.
merchant seaman wrote:Villa Market use to open at 8:30 in the morning and not enough customers to support the earlier opening hours. Have never had a problem parking at Villa.
MS, You've posted this before.
Perhaps, the reason Villa didn't have many customers between 08:30-10:30, was that very few people realized they opened that early? It's not like they publicized it much. One small tent sign at the top of the stairs leading from the outside car park to the lower level, reading Villa open 08:30. Why didn't they hang a huge banner reading: "Villa Market. Open at 08:30.", on both the Prajak Rd. and Udon Dutsadee Rd. side of the Landmark Plaza building? Everything else is hanging from the sides of all the buildings here in Udon.
I've never had a problem parking there either MS. My biggest problems with Villa are: an inconvenient location, and an inconvenient opening time.
IMO

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » February 11, 2015, 3:13 pm

Svein66 wrote:
d1gromet wrote:I fore one would be very happy to see them move to UD Town or close. I never go to villa market any more, because they are out of the way, and I do not like their parking.
I agree! Have only been at Villa Market once in the last year or, so as it`s too far away. I`m shopping at Big C, Makro and Tops, so to get Villa Market between those places are good. And I take a taxi, so no problem with parking at UD. :D
Quote Have only been at Villa Market once in the last year or, so as it`s too far away.
Are there 2 Villa markets ? I shopped in one yeserday and it seems pretty central in Udon to me ?
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 11, 2015, 3:39 pm

Maybe they could move to Nevada - another failed IT project. \:D/ I use Tops all the time because there is parking in the morning and you can get in and out. Yes I walk, I'm not a person that needs to park right next to the door. :confused:

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 11, 2015, 6:00 pm

joepai wrote:
Svein66 wrote:
Quote Have only been at Villa Market once in the last year or, so as it`s too far away.
Are there 2 Villa markets ? I shopped in one yeserday and it seems pretty central in Udon to me ?
I live east of Udon, towards Sakhon Nakhon, and areas west of Central is normally "too far" for me. :D Also the taxi ride gets more expensive when going further than Central, so all in all it`s cheaper to go shopping other places than Landmark.

Dr. James
udonmap.com

Post by Dr. James » February 11, 2015, 6:26 pm

I cannot say that it was ever too difficult to find parking if you were willing to go to the upper levels in the parking facility. I am a big supporter of Villa when I am in town. I find many of the things that I miss from the US and don't mind paying to get them. My wife always complains I spend too much money there but I will continue to shop wherever they move too. :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 11, 2015, 6:36 pm

Only ever went to VM a handful of times always on the bike so easy to park and for things i couldnt find anywhere else ...but now food products in general are becoming easier to source even at places like Makro ...and Tops which has always carried a decent selection ....IMO the new proposed location at UD will have its pros n cons so wait n see how things pan out .... i wonder if considered the Outlet Mall on the ring road , ground floor loads of parking easy access for shopping/trolleys etc ..could have been a great add on and in turn dominated the complex...OMO .

Good news for Udonites they arent leaving thearea and only moving .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 11, 2015, 6:52 pm

Villa carries a wide range of U.S. products not carried any where else in Udon. As well as products from many other countries. They will keep my business where ever they move to in Udon.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 11, 2015, 7:38 pm

Lumpini Place UD is building a shopping complex in front of the condos on Porri Rd. Maybe this is where VM is going to relocate. If you know Posri Rd this is a disaster of a location. Coming from downtown or UD you need to make a u-turn at the railroad and eiting Lumpini its a left turn only.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 11, 2015, 8:50 pm

oh, with a little push you can make it through the UD town break in the median or force yourself into the right turn lane and do an illegal U-Turn too!! Lumpini does show a back entrance into the rabbit warren of streets in the village behind the condos.. That's another way out!!
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”