Double/Triple Parking in front of UT Gen Hospital

General Udon Thani topics only!
fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 25, 2015, 5:40 pm

The paking police were out in force this morning around 11:00AM booting about 30 + illegally parked (red/white curb) and double parked cars/trucks in front of the UT Gen. Hopsital. =D> I saw lots of folks scratching their head in amazement when they saw the gift of a police boot on their vehicle. I guess all those large multi-colored signs mounted on the park fence warning against illegal parking are just for show. [-X

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

probably the only place in town where there is a huge enough influx of "new" people parking there so as they don't know about the booting for illegal parking.. I wish they'd do the same in many other congested areas of Udon. It would make a decided impact..
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 25, 2015, 6:45 pm

There are numerous very large signs mounted on the iron fence which surrounds the park warning people not to park illegally. The problem is that Thais do not pay any attention to traffic control signs. ie stop signs, no parking signs and the like. The problem also lies with the police who do not enforce traffic laws for the most part.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » March 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

fdimike wrote:There are numerous very large signs mounted on the iron fence which surrounds the park warning people not to park illegally. The problem is that Thais do not pay any attention to traffic control signs. ie stop signs, no parking signs and the like. The problem also lies with the police who do not enforce traffic laws for the most part.
Yep, You are SPOT ON fdmike, I been on the ground in and around Thailand for YEARS<>I have NEVER EVER seen a THAI STOP for a STOP SIGN or a Yield Sign for that matter(except on the ROUND ABOUT CIRCLES). Enforce of Traffic Laws after 5pm is mostly NULL and VOID,for example<> just visit any open air Market area your town and place for that matter, you will all kind of people, No Helmets<>No Seat Belt<>etc go pass the Police, does nothing maybe because he is just out shopping also<>Nuff Said<>sorry for the rant fdmike :razz:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”